• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Stöckli Stormrider 88

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Stöckli went back to the drawing board, again, with a slight construction update for the Stormrider 88. This is not unusual for Stöckli as it tweaks the SR 88; the 2022 Stormrider is slightly lighter at the extremities with little loss of what we liked from the previous generation. In the mixed conditions of Waterville Valley this past year, the new design did not let me down and is just as confidence-inspiring as you would expect a Stöckli to be.

Insider tip: Still one of the reference skis in the premium 88mm category.​

Who is it for?
Skiers who want refinement but still want to charge when in the mood. Anyone will feel like a rockstar on this.
Who is it not for?
The new SR 88 will expose your weaknesses as a skier, so unless you are comfortable with that ....
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
165, 175, 184
Dimensions
128-88-114
Radius
18m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Updated construction
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited by a moderator:

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
In almost every review for Stockli the term “smooth” always seems to find its way into the write up. I’ve been under the impression that “damp” and “stable” are associated with ski’s in the higher weight range with more weight providing “better” dampening and preventing a ski from getting bounced around.

Are the Stockli equally as “damp” & “stable” as skis weighing 100g-200g more? As an example, are the SR88 and SR95 “smooth, smoother, or smoothest” if compared to say a Nordica Enforcer 88 or 94, which I believe may weigh as much as 200g more when comparing 88’s and 94/95’s (equal lengths)?

Trying to determine the car analogy such as Ford Raptor vs. Toyota Prius, Ford vs. Ferrari, or Porsche vs. McLaren, or ….

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like you have the '90's Ford T-bird road hugging weight ad campaign etched in your mind somewhere. :ogcool:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
In almost every review for Stöckli the term “smooth” always seems to find its way into the write up. I’ve been under the impression that “damp” and “stable” are associated with ski’s in the higher weight range with more weight providing “better” dampening and preventing a ski from getting bounced around.

Are the Stöckli equally as “damp” & “stable” as skis weighing 100g-200g more? As an example, are the SR88 and SR95 “smooth, smoother, or smoothest” if compared to say a Nordica Enforcer 88 or 94, which I believe may weigh as much as 200g more when comparing 88’s and 94/95’s (equal lengths)?

Trying to determine the car analogy such as Ford Raptor vs. Toyota Prius, Ford vs. Ferrari, or Porsche vs. McLaren, or ….

Weight certainly plays into this characteristic, but it does not trump the construction layup.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Sounds like you have the '90's Ford T-bird road hugging weight ad campaign etched in your mind somewhere. :ogcool:
More like a Gen3 Ford Raptor (a GREAT improvement over the previous models) smooth on the road, go anywhere, drive hard all the time because it's fun campaign ;)

So, which ski fits this profile?

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2023 Stöckli sr88 184
These had no wax which held them back in the sharp crystal fresh snow and slush. Took a while to get the balance point on these skis. They like a very centered stance. Once I got that these rocket ships locked in and took off. It's alot of ski. Good stability. Tips are a bit softer feeling than other skis. Mid and tails are strong. Smooth feel.

Last edited:

Sponsor