• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Stereo Piste RS/78

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Piste RS/78 is different from all other offerings in the premium 77-80mm class. It is a hybrid of a lot of skis. Its tactile feel and construction remind me of Augment; its solid race feel indicates that whoever designed the ski has a race (or at least race room) background. Flex is on the softer side of the spectrum, almost like something from Blossom. This is where the Marker plate will dismiss any concerns that the ski could be considered “flimsy.” Tip and tail rise is where we depart from the other offerings in this segment. We actually have rocker and early rise in not only the tip but the tail. How much? When I looked at the side profile, it reminded me of one of SkiTalk's underground darlings, the Blizzard Latigo. Cosmetically, the tip and tail shapes are, shall we say, nontraditional.

On the snow, its feel is what I would expect from a premium Euro offering, especially with a piston plate: quiet, composed, and ready to run -- up to and including pass-pulling speeds. The 18m sidecut goes well with the 183cm size, and it skis pretty accurately to both numbers but with a bit more versatility because of the tip and tail rise compared with the other offerings from Augment, Blossom, Kästle, Renoun, and Stöckli. Yet it doesn't lose much from those skis' strengths on the groomers.
  • Insider tip: If you like what we have said, go ahead and take the leap of faith. We don’t think you will be disappointed.

Awards
Who is it for?
Chargers who don’t want to have to charge all the time. Those who appreciate quality to the nth degree.
Who is it not for?
Traditionalists who want a full-contact ski; no worries, there are other options of the same quality and performance, ie Augment and Blossom.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women