• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Stereo Piste V3/88

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Piste V3/88 is a shot across the bow at the heart of a segment of some very good skis like the Augment AM 88Ti, Blossom Cross Wind, Kästle MX88, and of course the Stöckli Stormrider 88. Skiing the V3/88 in the 186 did feel a bit cumbersome, as I usually ski a model like this in a 177-180. Even though it felt a bit truck-like, I have become pretty adept in discerning a ski's attributes.

Like the Piste RS/78, the V3/88 has a similar unique shape in the tip and tail as well as a similar rocker profile as its narrower brother. The shape and design allowed the 88mm offering to ski slightly shorter than its published length. When asked of it, the V3/88 skis its full length, and when needed it shows no speed limit.
  • Insider tip: While the name of the ski is the Piste V3/88, the 177 length is 86 mm underfoot and the 168 is 84 mm.

Who is it for?
Skiers looking for a bit more off- than on-piste performance in a mid- to upper-80s ski.
Who is it not for?
Conservative skiers. Yes, Stereo is an unknown, and yes, it is a premium in price. YOLO.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
168, 177, 186
Dimensions
126-88-113
Radius
19.5m@186cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
More observations:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
986F164A-718A-49D4-879E-E16A2CF66499.JPG
698DC04E-C1A4-4E19-8803-AABEF4FB32A6.JPG
Long term update: I took out the V3/88 in the 178cm which is 86 underfoot on some really nice chalky snow at Rose yesterday and the performance and on snow feel was uber smooth. Even with my sore back and being maybe 60-70%, I was able to really work the ski and while I was not able to push the ski near it's limits the V3 didn't punish me for not being at my best.

I was concerned that the 177cm being slightly short and maybe I might feet that when I get back to 100% but at this point I I cannot say with the ammount of early rise in the tip and tail if that is the case or not.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
C0BB396E-C951-4334-80C0-5FCDA034DD5E.JPG
Long term update:
I skied the 178cm V3 at Mt. Bachelor and it was the right choice for the day in the refrozen groomers on the front then over into the wind buffed chalky snow on Northwest. There is a quietness to the Stereos that while is not exclusive to their skis (the feel is very Augment-esque) but it is the shape that sets the V3 apart from the other permium offerings in this segment. I really like the early rise in the tip and tail, a refreshing change here where most of the other skis are much more uhmmm traditional in both rise and shape.

Since I am recovering from back issues and not really willing to commit 100%, the V3 said, not a problem, we got this and gracefully took me down the hill quietly with minimal jaring and feedback most other lower priced skis would not have had the technology/materials to eliminate.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
I'll echo Phil's experience..., refined ride with a wide performance envelope for a wide range of skiers looking for a medium-to-long radius cruiser with above-average feel. Definitely a notch above most skis targeting this kind of application and skier type. Really nice design from Norway. Now...if they only wanted to make some racing skis with the same feel.........

Sponsor