• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If someone is willing to commit these to me upfront, then that's a great deal. Otherwise I'd rather not go begging the day of.

Both Mamie and I have 2 each on our pass. Hit us up at the start of gathering to see if they are available. FIFO.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm in and really looking forward to this. I really missed getting out to Taos last season.

And I promise I'll do my best to:
  1. Help @Snowfan keep the black sides down when skiing any of the steep chutes.
  2. Remember to not put my goggles up on my helmet while hiking so that they end up so impossibly fogged up that I can't see and auger my ski into the side of a steep chute mogul, shredding my calf muscle in the process...
BTW - I don't have any accommodations arranged yet. If anyone happens to have an extra bed or is willing to share lodging, message me.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And in the email this morning...

1634316278815.png

This week has been a big one for getting ready for winter at Taos Ski Valley! We received our first major snowstorm on Tuesday mixing the beautiful fall colors with a layer of wintery white. Thanks to the cool weather blown in with the snowstorm, we were able to start our snowmaking efforts Tuesday night!

The mountain is weaving its winter blanket and we can’t wait to share it with you! Season passes and tickets are on sale now. Enjoy skiing and riding all season long with no blackout dates, a 15% discount at Taos Sports, 4 discounted buddy tickets, and more with the Kachina Season Pass!

Opening Day is November 25th! We'll see you there!​

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
If someone is willing to commit these to me upfront, then that's a great deal. Otherwise I'd rather not go begging the day of.
I may have some buddy passes left after my family’s visit in early Jan. I will also check Costco for discounted tickets and post it on here if they are available this year. If I remember correctly, they were 2-packs and close to buddy prices. I purchased a few for the group 2 years ago.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I may have some buddy passes left after my family’s visit in early Jan. I will also check Costco for discounted tickets and post it on here if they are available this year. If I remember correctly, they were 2-packs and close to buddy prices. I purchased a few for the group 2 years ago.
Keep me updated. I for sure will want one for my extra day.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've sent them an email to get on the list for info. (That's what the website says to do.)

Man, you guys do awful lots of recon and planning around here. Whatever happened to the sense of adventure. :nono:
Me, I like to just show up and be surprised. That's part of the fun. Sort of journey into the unknown. :ogcool:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Man, you guys do awful lots of recon and planning around here. Whatever happened to the sense of adventure. :nono:
Me, I like to just show up and be surprised. That's part of the fun. Sort of journey into the unknown. :ogcool:
1) You take full advantage of lots of recon and planning. It's all done by your wife.
2) If you only had one or two weeks a year in the Rockies, like dbostedo and I do, you would probably make more arrangements ahead of time.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I got a response from the St. B, and unfortunately it's "The Hotel St. Bernard has no plans to be open this winter, either for lodging, dining or bar."

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I am sorry to hear that. I may be wrong, but it seems like that leaves only a couple of restaurants still operating in TSV.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1) You take full advantage of lots of recon and planning. It's all done by your wife.

I have long mastered the art of delegation. I delegate the planning responsibilities to Mamie. Once she figures out where to go and what to do. She tells me. I go where she tells me to go and do what she tells me to do. It's been a good system. It works.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have long mastered the art of delegation. I delegate the planning responsibilities to Mamie. Once she figures out where to go and what to do. She tells me. I go where she tells me to go and do what she tells me to do. It's been a good system. It works.
Yup. It’s called marriage!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
A group meal in town may be in our futures. Not the same but potentially fun nonetheless.

Austing haus inn just down the access road put on a nice buffet dinner for Taos ski patrol and divas/diva dudes a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what their dining situation is this winter.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January