• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Austing haus inn just down the access road put on a nice buffet dinner for Taos ski patrol and divas/diva dudes a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what their dining situation is this winter.
If I'm not mistaken, the Austing house was sold this past year. They don't seem to have a website anymore either, so perhaps another Inn become employee housing like the Columbine?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If I'm not mistaken, the Austing house was sold this past year. They don't seem to have a website anymore either, so perhaps another Inn become employee housing like the Columbine?

That's what I heard from my SIL. She was there in the summer.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier

thanks I did wonder. when i tried to get on their site i was timed out but figured it was my o so slow internet- good for employees, sad for guests. the 2019 owner had just spent a ton fixing it all up, it was quite nice.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I received the same email from St. B @dbostedo did and it said to check their other location, the Blake, or words to that effect (stupidly deleted it).

So I checked and they sold the place to the ski area. I sure hope they aren't going to do some misguided big renovation of the place. It has such quirky charm the way it is. I would sure miss that funky round fireplace.

Article from last year https://www.taosnews.com/news/hotel...cle_916420fa-6191-54bb-8cb6-501878def48f.html

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure who lives in an area to take advantage of the offer, but Taos Air has a bogo special on through Oct 24 that is good for flying through the end of January.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I booked our flights with them for the trip a few months ago. Will have to see how the pricing works out compared to now.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure who lives in an area to take advantage of the offer, but Taos Air has a bogo special on through Oct 24 that is good for flying through the end of January.
If only! (Getting to Taos from Maine is a bit of a chore.)

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Breaking news: Ikon Pass will require reservations for 2021-2022 season. Details to come.

Right now, it just shows up on the Ikon Pass site like this:

1634844475972.png

I don't yet see it on the Taos site, or any other press release or announcement. Thanks, @SpikeDog for the head's up. (He heard it from an Ikon rep on a phone call to make Jackson reservations.)

Currently, Jackson takes reservations through their website. I presume Taos will likely be the same.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Breaking news: Ikon Pass will require reservations for 2021-2022 season. Details to come.

Right now, it just shows up on the Ikon Pass site like this:

View attachment 145851

I don't yet see it on the Taos site, or any other press release or announcement. Thanks, @SpikeDog for the head's up. (He heard it from an Ikon rep on a phone call to make Jackson reservations.)
This is my first year with an Ikon pass, which I got just for the Taos trip. So where would one make a reservation assuming it's similar to Jackson?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is my first year with an Ikon pass, which I got just for the Taos trip. So where would one make a reservation assuming it's similar to Jackson?
I was editing my post as you posted. Jackson is taking reservations on their website. I don't see anything on Taos' site yet, but I'd guess it will show up there.

EDIT: Correction... I see this on the Taos site:

This winter all Ikon Pass holders are required to reserve their tickets before arrival to Taos Ski Valley by visiting ikonpass.com, or the Ikon Mobile App. Reservations are available starting October 21, 2021.

But when I go to the Ikon site, I don't see a place to make reservations.... hmm

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January