• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This winter all Ikon Pass holders are required to reserve their tickets before arrival to Taos Ski Valley by visiting ikonpass.com, or the Ikon Mobile App. Reservations are available starting October 21, 2021.

But when I go to the Ikon site, I don't see a place to make reservations.... hmm
You have to sign in and go into your account. It's in there. I just made reservations for Bob and I. JH and Aspen are not on the list. Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.16.18 PM.png

James

Out There
Instructor
If you’re in Ski Week, that’s your reservation, no?

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you’re in Ski Week, that’s your reservation, no?
Only if you informed them you are planning to use the Ikon pass. I would hate to arrive and have to purchase lift tickets at the daily window rate! Besides, Bob doesn't do ski week classes.

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
I was editing my post as you posted. Jackson is taking reservations on their website. I don't see anything on Taos' site yet, but I'd guess it will show up there.

EDIT: Correction... I see this on the Taos site:

This winter all Ikon Pass holders are required to reserve their tickets before arrival to Taos Ski Valley by visiting ikonpass.com, or the Ikon Mobile App. Reservations are available starting October 21, 2021.

But when I go to the Ikon site, I don't see a place to make reservations.... hmm
Log out, then try again. Their site (IKON) times you out after 10 minutes. I had to call to confirm their timeout limit.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
^^^
"Working" is kind. Pretty terrible design. Did you all need to go day by day or am I missing some sort of date range selector? 11 clicks to make a reservation tests my patience.

I don't understand why this is necessary.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You pick a date on the calendar and then hit save and then pick another, hit save, ect.... When done hit make reservation button. I did 5 days, so maybe 11 clicks. I was initially going to hit "make reservation" 5 times but figured it out??

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
"Working" is kind. Pretty terrible design. Did you all need to go day by day or am I missing some sort of date range selector? 11 clicks to make a reservation tests my patience.

No way to select a range that I could see.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^

Matt, you are so sensible. This is 2021. Sensible no longer pays.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Matt, you are so sensible. This is 2021. Sensible no longer pays.

I could only do 3 days. I have a Full Ikon and my husband has an Ikon Base pass. Anyone else have this happen?

Have to excuse these third world country ski resorts. They are not quite up to speed with these new fangled computer thingies.
Taos probably has one of the worst IT dept/consultant out there. Personal experience speaking here.

We find it much easier to call them up on the phone when there are issues. Their humans on the phone are very helpful, friendly and competent.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have to excuse these third world country ski resorts. They are not quite up to speed with these new fangled computer thingies.
Taos probably has one of the worst IT dept/consultant out there. Personal experience speaking here.

We find it much easier to call them up on the phone when there are issues. Their humans on the phone are very helpful, friendly and competent.
yeah, but i just figured out it's my fault! Taos' old-world ways is one of it's charms.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
You pick a date on the calendar and then hit save and then pick another, hit save, ect.... When done hit make reservation button. I did 5 days, so maybe 11 clicks. I was initially going to hit "make reservation" 5 times but figured it out??
You figured it out. Dang! I hate UI/UX. That's much better than hitting confirm every time and starting over.

I know, I know - I need to stop asking why or I'll be insane by the time January rolls around.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
No doubt. I have been tracking IT related jobs at Aspen Ski Co. and it's pretty depressing. The reservation system is Ikon so I blame them.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I made my 7 reservations (Sun-Sat), but then saw I only had added my wife to first 3 of them so I ended up canceling 4 days as I couldn't see how to add her, then going back in and making new reservation for the other 4 days. So a few more than 11 clicks, partially do to user error, but not a big deal. The Vail reservation system I used last year for Vail CA resorts did require you to make one and exit and then come back in and make another so Taos seems better.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
For IKON reservations, I had to delete cookies, browsing history, then log out, then log in. At that point everything started working, at least for Jackson Hole. As mentioned, can only reserve one day at a time. Not great, but you can work through it fairly painlessly. And I did everything on a PC. My phone's IKON app wouldn't get me very far. That's mainly why I called IKON - I figured they had me down for a plain IKON Base Pass, which doesn't include JH and Aspen.

As I recall, there was something price-wise that fouled up my original IKON signup back in April. Some coupon or SkiTalk benny??

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I made my 7 reservations (Sun-Sat), but then saw I only had added my wife to first 3 of them so I ended up canceling 4 days as I couldn't see how to add her, then going back in and making new reservation for the other 4 days. So a few more than 11 clicks, partially do to user error, but not a big deal. The Vail reservation system I used last year for Vail CA resorts did require you to make one and exit and then come back in and make another so Taos seems better.
Are you coming to the Gathering? If so...

:D

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just made my reservations. Though I had to do one day at a time. Then I looked at the prompts and booked the other 4 days at once. Got email confirmation.
Then I checked out the price of day tickets. The senior rate was more than the adult rate. I'll have to give them a call.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I went one day at a time, but it worked so I'm good. Can't blame Taos for this one ... it's the Ikon IT department.

Sponsor