• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hhmm, with the reservation policies shown above, maybe a Sunday tickets purchase is enough in advance for skiing the following Friday and Saturday? I have the required Ikon reservations already made for Sunday through Thursday.
I left my Wed open because I am guessing that if I have a ski week reservation, I can add a lift ticket for that one day.
Could we reserve a couple of tables for the same time all week?
I will handle this if everyone wants. I’ll go ahead and tag everyone here. This is the response I received:

“Reservations for restaurants will be available via open table. Currently we are still working to finalize this, but you should be able to make those reservations in the coming days. If your group of 30 would like to make a reservation for the entire group at one place, please email us the detail in advance and we will pass that along to the appropriate party.

Warm regards,

-Nick

Central Reservations”

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
  1. LUNCH RESERVATIONS
    @dbostedo
  2. @Unpiste:
  3. @Flying Dutchess:
  4. @mdf -
  5. @aveski -
  6. @socalgal , Mr. Socalgal, and kiddo.
  7. @Pat AKA mustski + Bob. Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
  8. @MattSmith + Whitney
  9. @tromano, Madeline, Her sister, and Sister's DH, and our 3 youths
  10. @Snowfan
  11. @Marker,
  12. @Wendy
  13. @Scruffy
  14. @ScottB
  15. @Jimski
  16. @Rainbow Jenny
  17. @MaryG + friend
  18. @Tony S
  19. @PisteOff
  20. @ChunderBlunder
  21. @Dryheat
  22. @Needham
  23. @Jerez
  24. @Noodler
  25. @Dean +2

26. see above post #401 . Reservations and vaccine cards are required for indoor dining - even at the cafeteria. I will make a group reservation for us (tenderfoot Kate’s aka the cafeteria) based on everyone’s responses. Just copy the post and add the days you want to be included in the lunch reservation.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hhmm, with the reservation policies shown above, maybe a Sunday tickets purchase is enough in advance for skiing the following Friday and Saturday? I have the required Ikon reservations already made for Sunday through Thursday.

Fri and Sat are busier than mid week. I would use the Ikon reservations for Fri and Sat in case there is a sell out event (very unlikely). Buy Wed and Thu when you get there. The gathering week is not a busy week.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fri and Sat are busier than mid week. I would use the Ikon reservations for Fri and Sat in case there is a sell out event (very unlikely). Buy Wed and Thu when you get there. The gathering week is not a busy week.
I was thinking about that last night as a course of action, but thought I'd wait to see if others had different ideas. The Ikon reservations probably will fill up before the resort reservations so I'll switch my reservations as suggested.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
  1. LUNCH RESERVATIONS
    @dbostedo
  2. @Unpiste:
  3. @Flying Dutchess:
  4. @mdf -
  5. @aveski -
  8. @MattSmith + Whitney
  10. @Snowfan
  11. @Marker,
  12. @Wendy
  13. @Scruffy
  14. @ScottB
  15. @Jimski
  16. @Rainbow Jenny
  17. @MaryG + friend
  18. @Tony S
  19. @PisteOff
  20. @ChunderBlunder
  21. @Dryheat
  22. @Needham
  23. @Jerez Sunday, Monday, Friday
  24. @Noodler
  25. @Dean +2

26. see above post #401 . Reservations and vaccine cards are required for indoor dining - even at the cafeteria. I will make a group reservation for us (tenderfoot Kate’s aka the cafeteria) based on everyone’s responses. Just copy the post and add the days you want to be included in the lunch reservation.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
  1. LUNCH RESERVATIONS
    @dbostedo
  2. @Unpiste:
  3. @Flying Dutchess:
  4. @mdf -
  5. @aveski -
  8. @MattSmith + Whitney
  10. @Snowfan
  11. @Marker,
  12. @Wendy
  13. @Scruffy
  14. @ScottB
  15. @Jimski
  16. @Rainbow Jenny
  17. @MaryG + friend
  18. @Tony S
  19. @PisteOff
  20. @ChunderBlunder
  21. @Dryheat
  22. @Needham
  23. @Jerez Sunday, Monday, Friday
  24. @Noodler
  25. @Dean +2

Do they need names? Or are you just trying to get a count for each day?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
see above post #401 . Reservations and vaccine cards are required for indoor dining - even at the cafeteria. I will make a group reservation for us (tenderfoot Kate’s aka the cafeteria) based on everyone’s responses. Just copy the post and add the days you want to be included in the lunch reservation.
Thanks, Pat. How much of a commitment am I making here? (Thought behind the question: At least one lunch at the Bavarian is de rigeur, etc. And in former days in the St. Bernard deck. Timing is heavily dependent on variables impossible to predict now. So what if I don't show at Kate's?)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely. Maybe we should pick a day and have a big SkiTalk lunch? Or is that too much organization?
I tend to do it as an intimate escape with three or four fellow travelers, but I guess I could do both flavors. :ogbiggrin:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Do they need names? Or are you just trying to get a count for each day?
I think just a count.
Thanks, Pat. How much of a commitment am I making here? (Thought behind the question: At least one lunch at the Bavarian is de rigeur, etc. And in former days in the St. Bernard deck. Timing is heavily dependent on variables impossible to predict now. So what if I don't show at Kate's?)
Everything changes so no commitment. We could also just all do it independently and at the last minute. I’m not sure how they work it; do they set tables aside for the # reserved at a certain time? They don’t seem to have anything definite themselves yet. I just assume that the time immediately after the lessons end will be the busiest. I am assuming that some will return to their condos to eat and some may not be vaccinated.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
With a head count of around 25 they might be able to set aside a few tables in that side room for you, the one behind the water fountains. That could be good since it will be a tad quieter and easier for conversation.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Considering coming as it is the week of my birthday. Watching weather. It is really, really dry and mild in this part of the world.

AlanR

Still living in Needham
Skier
Hello everybody - long time no post. Getting psyched for the trip! So if I have Ikon base pass with 5 days and am skiing Sunday-Friday, makes most sense to reserve every day but Wednesday, and buy that locally, right?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello everybody - long time no post. Getting psyched for the trip! So if I have Ikon base pass with 5 days and am skiing Sunday-Friday, makes most sense to reserve every day but Wednesday, and buy that locally, right?
Yes. That would be best if you can't get a buddy pass from a Taos pass holder.

Sponsor

Staff online