• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Photoshoot is on for this afternoon!

Thinking meet up at the top of lift 7 around 2pm, pending the mid-day hike timing.

ChunderBlunder

Still in the backseat
Skier
Photoshoot is on for this afternoon!

Thinking meet up at the top of lift 7 around 2pm, pending the mid-day hike timing.
Mid-day hike is planned for lunchtime, right after ski week lessons wrap up.
We're meeting at chair one, which is usually where y'all end up after ski week.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ohhhh the brim! My last 2 helmets had that! Nice feature but didn’t know it was anything new or special. Interesting.
yeah, when I was looking for a new helmet, I couldn't find one with a brim. It helps to see when you're looking into the sun and keeps the snow off the goggles. There's a lime green one on EBay.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
yeah, when I was looking for a new helmet, I couldn't find one with a brim. It helps to see when you're looking into the sun and keeps the snow off the goggles. There's a lime green one on EBay.
I see! Totally didn’t know that’s what you were referring to. Is the one on Ebay used? If so, I wouldn’t buy it since you wouldn’t know the history of the helmet and if it had taken a blow already.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
I see! Totally didn’t know that’s what you were referring to. Is the one on Ebay used? If so, I wouldn’t buy it since you wouldn’t know the history of the helmet and if it had taken a blow already.
It's new, but I just bought a helmet last year. Lime green is tempting, though. I like to dress in colors so I can be seen from outer space!

James

Out There
Instructor
How are the snowboarders at Taos? I was there when they were banned. The worry was they’d scrape all the snow off the steep chutes going sideways. Of course with fat skis, the skiers are good at that too.

ChunderBlunder

Still in the backseat
Skier
How are the snowboarders at Taos? I was there when they were banned. The worry was they’d scrape all the snow off the steep chutes going sideways. Of course with fat skis, the skiers are good at that too.
My only major snowboarder complaint is the booting up that happens right in front of chair two. Especially considering that area is huge.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great trip! Thanks to everyone for the Gemütlichkeit (German word used to convey the idea of a state or feeling of warmth, friendliness, good cheer.) Special thanks to @KingGrump and Mamie for leading us into some awesome skiing runs, and the cake :golfclap:. Nice meeting and skiing with new skitalkers, too many to mention, and especially nice to ski with old friends from the Epic/Pug days.

Didn't make it to the afternoon lineup today as I had to attend to flight and shuttle changes due to the Noreaster attacking NE tonight and tomorrow, and AA canceling my flight. Hope to ski with you all soon. Safe travels everyone.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

March 19, 2008. The day hell froze over. Not.
I was there on that day. Nothing happened. The only change was many ski instructors bought snow boards and dragged them on the hill. We got to laugh at them for couple year. Then they got good.

Currently, most of the clientele are skiers. I would say 90+%. There are almost no boarders in the bumps. I guessed they know better. Off the ridge, the chutes are steep enough to deter side slippers, whether on skis or boards.

James

Out There
Instructor
March 19, 2008. The day hell froze over. Not.
I was there on that day. Nothing happened. The only change was many ski instructors bought snow boards and dragged them on the hill. We got to laugh at them for couple year. Then they got good.

Currently, most of the clientele are skiers. I would say 90+%. There are almost no boarders in the bumps. I guessed they know better. Off the ridge, the chutes are steep enough to deter side slippers, whether on skis or boards.
Would Alta be different if allowed?