• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Taos Mini-Gathering - January 22 - January 29, 2022

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Reservation made! Advance ticket prices for Weds 26th are $74 right now (45% off), which seems like a pretty good price. I might just lock that in also.
That is tempting for sure! If we were staying in TSV, I would go for it. But, since we are staying in Taos, I will wait to the last minute to call it. We really want to visit some local sights and plan to take the Wed off. Last time, my instructor planned video for that day so I bought a ticket.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Advance ticket prices for Weds 26th are $74 right now (45% off), which seems like a pretty good price. I might just lock that in also.
That's what I've done in the past. Seemed like less hassle and a better deal than a buddy pass (25% of full price iirc)

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
We really need some snow at Taos! This is the most limited opening in recent years with just Pioneer for opening day and Powderhorn added on the 2nd day. I have not skied Pioneer in 8 years but did today and surprisingly enjoyed my few runs on there!
I have no idea how much lift tickets were before but it is $175 now. I checked with Costco and they don’t have any Taos passes in their system at all and they are not sure if it will pop up later or there won’t be any this year. I will keep checking and report back here before the gathering.
Parking lot shuttles are running and basement lockers/cubbies are back this year. Ticket center has moved to the ice skating rink and Le Ski is also there, tucked into the corner facing Blake’s pool area. Cid’s just opened a few days ago and they have enough food selection for a few days’ stay in the valley, a good wine selection and a hot food to-go bar.
I cut my Thanksgiving weekend short to go home to golf since I don’t think Powderhorn alone is worth staying for 4 days. If they don’t have anything new for the Christmas/New Year break, my husband and I will be heading to Maui for a golf trip instead. I really want to ski but there is no moisture coming our way in the forecast...
451BF0BD-65D8-4B93-AF59-50E150BD71E2.jpeg 12B8E5EC-0C16-4796-BF84-0166754FD2E1.jpeg F98CEADB-4392-4190-989A-9EFA56FF1E6F.jpeg 31FB4A23-8197-458B-87E6-98E66ABA9421.jpeg

D0B96680-2706-46CB-94B2-2242326AB924.jpeg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
The 4-Corners has incredibly inaccurate weather forecasting, due to a total lack of radar.

However we have a local, amateur meteorologist that helps fill the void. The latest forecast is promising.

https://durangoweatherguy.com/

I will be in Aspen that week. Hit me up if anyone is cruising through Durango on either side of that week and wants to grab lunch or ski Purg.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The latest forecast is promising.
That's a strong statement based on my reading of the blog. But I'll go with it!

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
That's a strong statement based on my reading of the blog. But I'll go with it!

Being optimistic. Just got off the bike. Shorts and long sleeved jersey. 72 in Durango yesterday.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Not going to add our names to the roll call, but since Michel and I are driving to our CO trip we might be able to go to Taos instead of Breck for our first week if the snow is decent. Military lift tickets and a room in town would make the cost about the same as Breckenridge so I ponder the possibilities:ogcool:

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Not going to add our names to the roll call, but since Michel and I are driving to our CO trip we might be able to go to Taos instead of Breck for our first week if the snow is decent. Military lift tickets and a room in town would make the cost about the same as Breckenridge so I ponder the possibilities:ogcool:

Possibilities were pondered and we're in. Skiing 24-26 Jan and staying in town.

Will have room for 1 in our car if anybody needs or wants a ride on those days.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like it is finally going to snow this week in Taos. Open Snow predicting 15" by next Saturday.... :snow:
Unfortunately, it's predicted to come with big winds.
About four or five more of those and we might be okay.

Sponsor

Staff online