• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta 2023-2024 Big Sky Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, yesterday didn’t suck ! Nice refresh and pockets of deeep !
The morning was real nice if you live here, a friend coming up from Bozangeles not so lucky with a 2 hr drive
#usethecaynonpulloffs - with 4 or more behind you, it’s the law tourons !
I heard that the ride from BZN to BS was slow for those who got a late start and spicy for the early birds. Yesterday was the quietest fresh snow day at BS for me in a long time. Fresh lines all day without having to work too hard for them.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Another great day. 100% open. 10-15 min. wait at the tram with sunshine, high teens and great snow. High Alpine avalanche control has caused some inconvenience but that’s always a mixed blessing. (Heavy snow means more avalanche control) Snow in the forecast for Tuesday. Looking a lot like Big Sky!

tele

Putting on skis
Skier
Another great day. 100% open. 10-15 min. wait at the tram with sunshine, high teens and great snow. High Alpine avalanche control has caused some inconvenience but that’s always a mixed blessing. (Heavy snow means more avalanche control) Snow in the forecast for Tuesday. Looking a lot like Big Sky!
It's the wind that's causing the problems right now. It's blowing mass snow back into all avy areas....

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sure was a good day today. Despite the hiccup with Ramcharger it was a great ski day. Powderseeker skiing great. Walk up - no wait at 1:15 on the tram! Relatively easy entry into Liberty. Sunshine and Good snow plus a cold beer at the Shedhorn Grill.

tele

Putting on skis
Skier
Sure was a good day today. Despite the hiccup with Ramcharger it was a great ski day. Powderseeker skiing great. Walk up - no wait at 1:15 on the tram! Relatively easy entry into Liberty. Sunshine and Good snow plus a cold beer at the Shedhorn Grill.
Rumor is they had to replace a 40k part on the RAM to get it back online. I heard it’s happened multiple times this season so far……. Not sure what’s going on, but gee wiz Doppelmayr….

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Might be. I agree it was probably a major part replacement. I've skied 50 days since new years and not aware of multiple failures but they could have happened.
Replacing Six Shooter with an updated RAMCHARGER for next season so I guess Boyne is comfortable with Dopplemayr.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Might be. I agree it was probably a major part replacement. I've skied 50 days since new years and not aware of multiple failures but they could have happened.
Replacing Six Shooter with an updated RAMCHARGER for next season so I guess Boyne is comfortable with Dopplemayr.
Makes you wonder if it's specific to that installation, specific to the 8-seat models, or specific to Dopplemayr. If it's the second, I'd give Madison 8 some pause.

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
After a slow start it’s looking like the last half of the season will be FUN!

Hope it is still good because I have been wanting to get out there all season but the conditions just weren't right. Going to be there for three days for the last weekend in March.

Last edited:

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hope it is still good because I have been wanting to get out there all season but the conditions just weren't right. Going to be there for three days for the last weekend in March.

Currently Big Sky has spring like skiing with clear blue sky, lots of sun and warm temperatures causing some loss of cover. There is a chance of snow Thursday into Friday, so you may luck out on your trip.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Here is my chance to post from Montana. Luckily I never moved here as I probably would be dead by now. Too many amazing silly steep lines to ski here. Love the hardy attitude of the locals. Throw their ski bags under the ski racks and head out. They even have the old cattle cars to drag you out of the parking lots. Big Sky is pretty awesome.
IMG_4195.jpeg

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Cool blog post from Big Sky with old trail maps showing the development of the resort.

Sponsor

Staff online