• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023-2024 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was so hoping they were adding a new lift but the big news is a damn mountain coaster. Maybe it will help pay for a new lift in 20 years?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These folks were features in today's local paper. (Unfortunately the article is not available online)

They are the only certified AIARE avalanche course providers in the state. They offer guided backcountry ski tours near Taos for a pretty reasonable price.

Beverly Mountain Guides

Will repost in the Taos Gatherimg thread

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was so hoping they were adding a new lift but the big news is a damn mountain coaster. Maybe it will help pay for a new lift in 20 years?
Big sigh. Be surprised if the coaster paid for itself in 20 years.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mean looking skinny WROD at the bowl this year. I think I will wait until they get a bit more space open but cheers to anyone that hits up the opening on Friday.

wrod.png

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skeptical.

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
36 and raining up at the Bowl this morning. :(

sketchyAnalogies

Enginearing my limit
Skier
Mean looking skinny WROD at the bowl this year. I think I will wait until they get a bit more space open but cheers to anyone that hits up the opening on Friday.

View attachment 215723
I definitely want to ski... but I'm not sure if I want to ski that. They also have the WROB (B for boredom) since they plan to open Little Spruce as well

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A few years ago I would've been up there today but now I'm too old and gas is too expensive haha. Hell yeah for another November opening though. I remember when this mountain regularly opened in December.

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow. I can only see what I can see from the webcam but this definitely seems to be stretching the boundaries of what you need to open. Purgatory planning to open tomorrow and it doesn't look like much there either.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious who's paying for that new mountain coaster at Sunrise.

Other than today it's still feeling awfully drought-y so far this year.

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Watching these last two storms pass by, seems like it was too warm and was raining mostly at Snowbowl and Purgatory bases up until late yesterday afternoon when it finally turned to snow. From the webcam ( at the base anyway) The Bowl appears to have gotten an 1" maybe, same at Purg although they are reporting 4". I suppose it could have been better up higher on the mountain.

Open Snow predicting a better outcome for Four Corners (Purg and Wolf Creek anyway) in the next go around coming later this week.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
3-6" expected tonight/tomorrow AM in northern NM. Don't know how much will end up in the mountains.

The base area looks decent via the cam; hopefully they'll be some good natural snow on the way.
Image 11-24-23 at 2.38 PM.jpeg
May go for the first time this week; just a couple easy runs to see how the new boots feel. I suffered from bad ski anxiety last year (no idea why) so hoping to ease into this season and get my mojo back. Will be my first time at Ski Santa Fe. ogsmile

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wendy If you feel like company, let me know. (I always have ski anxiety early in the season!) Get it, if you just want to check out the boots.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got up to Snowbowl today. I took two runs, had one beer at the bar and then went home.

I don't recommend skiing there right now. It's very dangerous.

Sponsor

Staff online