• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023/2024 How many days so far?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ooh... what's the topsheet look like?

IMG_3873.jpeg

My opening day weapon of choice...
IMG_3874.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
0 days. Nothing is open in CA yet.

@Philpug Be carefull tomorrow at Mt Rose. Theyll open with a WROD !
Thank you, my head will be on a swivel. Last year on opening day @otto got taken out and he is about as experienced and confident skier on any hill.

No sense in having your first day, be your last day.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
When back east a woman I knew who worked as a ski instructor at Copper Mt CO tried snowboarding her first day of the year at Liberty in PA. Snowboard spun weird & she was out all year with a spiral leg fracture.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Still, Big Snow is fun, especially if you go with a few ski buddies. Do lunch/beers afterward. The runs are short and yeah, not a lot of pitch, but it's great for pre-season tune-ups and scratching the itch. I'll miss having it within driving distance.

I appreciate Big snow more than I ever thought I would. I went 4 times this past off season. I usualy meet one of my Killington ski buddies. I work on drills, ski without poles and just enjoy sliding on snow. The terrain park is pretty fun too. I like going up/down the kickers and up/over the banked sides. I have found I like it too if I have a pair of skis I'm not sure of, want to test them out, etc.

Happy hour at the yard house is definitely part of the ritual.

Fun place.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I appreciate Big snow more than I ever thought I would. I went 4 times this past off season. I usualy meet one of my Killington ski buddies. I work on drills, ski without poles and just enjoy sliding on snow. The terrain park is pretty fun too. I like going up/down the kickers and up/over the banked sides. I have found I like it too if I have a pair of skis I'm not sure of, want to test them out, etc.

Happy hour at the yard house is definitely part of the ritual.

Fun place.
I agree about the terrain park-that’s where I spent my time when I skied there. The skiers’ far left was a good place to practice slalom turns, too. And beers afterward is a must to make it a full day!! I was lucky it was a straight shot on I-78 to Big Snow.

Sponsor

Staff online