• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Via Mambo for the last few days!
Mambo is skiing pretty good up here. I'm giving Mammoth about a 5/10. Not really there fault but not enough snow up here yet. Almost every run has some type of obstacle(rock/ice/low vis due to winter sun). Weather is nice. About 38 each day and clear skies with about 20mph winds

I just keep making laps off chair 1 and 2 with occasional chair 10 to mix it up

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Yes, I suppose for mother natures lack of snow a 7.5 is understandable but I was hoping for more by now thus my low rating. If this was June/July ski conditions i'd understand more but for mid December, cmon Mother nature drop some more snow
Hey! You got your wish!
looks like about .25” of snow last night ;)

IMG_5371.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mammoth had great Ice Coast ski conditions this past week. If you make a mistake at full speed, it's going to hurt.

I can attest to the veracity of that report. Skied Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hoping for some Mammoth storms over the coming weeks.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier

Also, going down certain runs at certain locations of those runs, it was like skiing through a minefield of rocks. I had to go slower than normal to avoid these rocks. Again, the skiing was "ok" but it felt like I was skiing at big bear with the runs that are open right now or skiing mammoth in an average June type conditions

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier

I was there Monday... crashed hard in the morning, with a concussion (good thing I wear a helmet). Rested tuesday and wednesday, took it easy on Thursday.

The Ski-Ride-Race-Camp had some casualties also, but... one of my ski club members won the prize of "next year's lessons" in their raffle.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was there Monday... crashed hard in the morning, with a concussion (good thing I wear a helmet). Rested tuesday and wednesday, took it easy on Thursday.

The Ski-Ride-Race-Camp had some casualties also, but... one of my ski club members won the prize of "next year's lessons" in their raffle.
What ski club are you with?

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the reports...sounds like it's a bit dicey out there. This is helping me to sit tight until we go after New Years. This week's storm looks promising....perhaps as much as 16" up top and hopefully solid coverage down to Main. More storms in the extended forecast between xmas and New Years.....let's get that the AR snow machine rolling! Stay safe everyone.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the reports...sounds like it's a bit dicey out there. This is helping me to sit tight until we go after New Years. This week's storm looks promising....perhaps as much as 16" up top and hopefully solid coverage down to Main. More storms in the extended forecast between xmas and New Years.....let's get that the AR snow machine rolling! Stay safe everyone.
lets hope some of that trends south... ;-)

Sponsor

Staff online