• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023-2024 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups Thread

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone been to Jay this week, they supposedly got over 24 50" of snow this week. They were closed for a couple of days but are re-opening this Friday, I assume they were open before this, but don't know.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone been to Jay this week, they supposedly got over 24 50" of snow this week. They were closed for a couple of days but are re-opening this Friday, I assume they were open before this, but don't know.
Friend skinned up on Monday and had a blast. I was sick this week so I couldn’t go. Will be there this weekend and can report back.

ThePeople'sLifty

Mountain Warrior
Skier
Looks do matter! Take pride in your lift! Tasty ramps = happy guests (mostly)

see ya'll out there!

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpeg
    IMG_2751.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Great day 1 of the season for me at Sugarbush with @Phelmut and @Michael V

My choice of ”Extremely thin cover“ Downspout as first run of the season before meeting up with the others would have been Ministry of Bad Ideas approved. We mostly avoided non snowmaking covered terrain for the rest of the day as much of the early week natural snow has been lost. Spring Fling had nice soft snow with many repeats. We had rain, snow, sun, fog, bumps, soft snow, refrozen snow and rocks. I think that covers most of what we need to prep for the rest of the season.

Fog
IMG_1376.jpeg

Spring Fling
IMG_1377.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
First turns of the season for @DebbieSue and me. @MissySki and @Lauren have been at it for a while already.

Spring conditions at The River. Not a ton open but what there was was nice. No lift lines. Hill crowds okay if you picked your moments. Visibility was ... inconsistent.

1000000353-01.jpeg

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
NICE ! Save some for me.
I'm headed Wednesday/Thursday

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another good (short) day with @Phelmut and @Michael V - this time at Stratton. Rain/mist/nothing good until about 10:30 when it started down to mid mountain. I took one run early before deciding to wait out the NCP inside. Now I understand the Grump skiing schedule better - must be common there. :ogbiggrin: By that time the wet people had pretty much left and the early deciders must have already been on their way home after not showing up. So we skied pretty hard in snow and other frozen precipitation for the next couple hours with little company. Soft snow for the first 2 days of my season - I consider that a success. Driving off the mountain early for the drive home in heavy snow I somewhat wished I'd stayed longer, but sometimes it's better to live to ski another day. Legs tomorrow are gonna be a problem.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another good (short) day with @Phelmut and @Michael V - this time at Stratton. Rain/mist/nothing good until about 10:30 when it started down to mid mountain. I took one run early before deciding to wait out the NCP inside. Now I understand the Grump skiing schedule better - must be common there. :ogbiggrin: By that time the wet people had pretty much left and the early deciders must have already been on their way home after not showing up. So we skied pretty hard in snow and other frozen precipitation for the next couple hours with little company. Soft snow for the first 2 days of my season - I consider that a success. Driving off the mountain early for the drive home in heavy snow I somewhat wished I'd stayed longer, but sometimes it's better to live to ski another day. Legs tomorrow are gonna be a problem.
Great skiing with you this weekend Scott.. Two way better than expected days to open the season to get our ski legs. Mike and I were not very eager to get out in the rain and followed the Grumps schedule and got there after Scott and met at the top at 10:30/ By that time the rain had turned to snow. We got in 8 zoomer runs and called it a day. It was snowing pretty steady when we left and I also debated in my mind whether we should stay later. but our legs were tired at that point.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There is hope for you guys yet.

You guys have turned skiing into an extension of your work life. Got to get there early. Got to punch in. Got to get my money's worth. Always pushing. Not having fun until I hurt myself.

You guys have officially turn your ski time into type 3 fun.

Can definitely count me out. I am only signing up for type 1 fun in my old age.
Find the peace. Don't feed the beast.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Says the guy in the group who insists on last chair.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And your progeny?

And for you, second to last lap is close enough.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
More importantly, when will Stratton be graced with your Type 1 fun this season?

ThePeople'sLifty

Mountain Warrior
Skier
I should be up in Monday #stormsking
Your in for it! Careful driving up, its still coming down like crazy! This lifty is up bright and early to help get the mountain open for all you beautiful people. Breakfast burrito and strong coffee for the win.
see ya'll at #12!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid