• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2023-2024 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Heading to Castle in March with my powder alliance pass. I would like to hit Revelstoke or Kicking Horse(or both) also. One is epic and one is ikon, is there any other alternative pass that gets me days at both(pretty late to be buying a pass I know)?

I've never skied either. I like it steep, I don't mind fog, I don't mind a bit of a hike, I don't mind cold, I don't need amenities(besides a flat'ish spot to park my truck camper). Im thinking if I have to choose between the 2, I would pick Kicking Horse(FWT fan).
So the Alberta Motor Association (AMA) used to sell discounted lift tickets for the hills in Alberta and some in BC, might be worth checking. You should also see what deals they have if you pre-buy passes. For example Revelstoke sells vertical cards until Nov 30th and you can get a great discount on 3, 5 or 10 days of skiing. With Kicking Horse you get a 15% discount if you buy 21+ days in advance ... so you have some options. You could also get an Edge card for Whistler and use 40% of the days at another Epic resort, that is also a good deal. Hope that helps

Even_Stevens

Getting on the lift
Skier
Mission Ridge is opening 11/25. First Washington State ski area to open if this holds.

I’m guessing it will be a toss up between Crystal and White Pass for the next Washington mountain to open. White Pass is actively making snow and has a 4500 foot base elevation so they’re definitely in the running.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I’m guessing it will be a toss up between Crystal and White Pass for the next Washington mountain to open. White Pass is actively making snow and has a 4500 foot base elevation so they’re definitely in the running.

Ive been watching the white pass web cam multi times daily, I was thinking of skinning a lap monday but looks like they ‘closed’ uphill access.

gilligan

Getting off the lift
Skier
Whistler is "open".
Site lists only 5% of terrain and 14 groomers open.
Cancelled my 2 day trip to Whistler. Definitely not worth my time to drive there for a few green runs even if they were "free" days on my Edge card. Spent the day in downtown Vancouver instead.

Attachments

• IMG_6179.jpeg
    IMG_6179.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Silver opened a couple of greens and the tubing hill at the top of the mountain. It has started over here, but just barely.

Even_Stevens

Getting on the lift
Skier
Mission did it. They’re open and not just with their beginner terrain. Tumwater’s a very fun run to put down some wide turns on when uncrowded.

If I wasn’t in Hawaii right now I’d be getting some laps in there.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Schweitzer & Silver opened last weekend (have not heard a word about how great it was. HMMM!
49 is going to kind of open this weekend for clinics and such. Think I better drag out the old rock skis in place of the new rock skis.
A storm is on track to come through these parts Thursday and Friday, fingers crossed.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Even_Stevens

Getting on the lift
Skier
For passholders (including Ikon) on 12/1. For everyone else buying day ticket buyers, Saturday 12/2 (I’m not sure how many people that actually includes anymore).
Given how expensive a lift ticket at Crystal is, I’m not certain that many non passholders bother to go there!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m tempted to go Friday or Saturday, I don’t have clients scheduled on Friday and would like to get at least one day in before a ski camp at Sun Peaks the following weekend. I’m guessing Friday would be less of a WROD than Saturday, but then there is pent-up demand so it could be shitshow territory.

It looks like a bunch of snow coming this weekend, and then an atmospheric river Monday/Tuesday, which hopefully won’t wash away all the snow. I’m having recollections of 2014/15, and these are not necessarily happy thoughts.

Even_Stevens

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’mIt looks like a bunch of snow coming this weekend, and then an atmospheric river Monday/Tuesday, which hopefully won’t wash away all the snow. I’m having recollections of 2014/15, and these are not necessarily happy thoughts.

Same. Mission Ridge aka the only Washington ski area that did alright in that awful season was just too far away to get a season pass, although they have good night skiing terrain a 300 mile round-trip drive would be a burnout.

gilligan

Getting off the lift
Skier
First the good news - 28-47 inches of snow in the forecast for the central Washington Cascades.
IMG_6197.jpeg
And now the bad news - turns to rain on Sunday. Hopefully it'll build a base that doesn't get completely washed away.

IMG_6199.jpeg

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
48hr is a long range forecast in this region. 12hr of info and 36hr of speculation.
Whistler only expects 1 to 8cm dustings before Tuesday.

still 28 open, groomers mid hill.
By late next week should be worth skiing.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
NOAA is showing 11" + through Sunday at 49* North. Silver Ridge should be okay for the weekend.

it is just starting to snow in Spokane. Let the games begin.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Bachelor says Saturday opener. Forecast for a dump but will see. Snowing in town....that is all.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
White Pass just emailed, pass holders opening Saturday with limited terrain. We’ll see what this storm brings. Snowing lightly at my place at 2600’, supposed to really start coming down tomorrow.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Made it to opening day at Crystal. Chinook and Discovery only. There was some nice new snow on top of the artificial made snow, and coverage was pretty good on the one run that was open. It wasn’t as crazy a WROD as I feared. I stopped around 12 and was out of parking lot at 12:25. There’s only so many times I can ski Tinkerbell.

View attachment IMG_2422.jpeg
View attachment IMG_2423.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online