• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2023-2024 Poconos and Greater Area Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
I just saw on facebook that the dates for bumps are Nov 3-5 weekend. I will not be able to go that weekend unfortunately.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Elk’s ticket prices are up….

78.00/4 hrs…94.00/8 hrs on weekend/holidays
65.00/4 hrs…78.00/8 hrs on M-TH
70.00/4 hrs…83.00/8hrs on Friday

Old timers get a bit of a break…looks like around 13.00/14.00 cheaper than the Adult prices listed above.

Here’s an recent aerial shot from my ski bud’s plane:

IMG_8652.jpeg

Last edited:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Guenther’s got a new Montana machine…traded out their Crystal One for a Challenge Max. Does both skis at one time….looks like a heck of a machine. Beautiful…

Scott is killing it….and is definitely gonna save Bill some labor time. Go support these guys if you are in the area/up at Elk.

Excellent shop with great customer service…and starting the year with another brand new machine.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like we have a stretch of snowmaking temps and several mountains are blowing. Hoping for a Blue opening next weekend,

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Greek Peak started today opening 1 green trail. Thought about going but figured it would be a over crowded, but web cam doesn’t look bad at all.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Flew in from Denver this morning right over the Pocono’s. I believe I saw Big Boulder with snow on several trails but not connected at base. Picked out Camelback and it looked like snow at the summit but that’s all of the mountain I could see. Camelback is not opening till after the 15th anyways.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blue is targeting next Friday. Guns are back on now.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Come on Camelback. I know your not opening for a couple of weeks but can we turn the web cams from their summer positions to winter positions so we can follow snow making operations.

PS They have now Thank you CBK and keep it pumping

Last edited:

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blue opened yesterday and I got some turns in this morning. Skied from 8 until about 1030. Was warm and foggy with soft spring like snow. The new six and quad were running. You could basically take Vista to Bruma and either Home Stretch or Central Park to the bottom or turn off at the bottom of Vista onto Midway/Lower Main. Spent most of my time taking the Midway route. Quad got you Tutt’s over to the upper lodge. Looks like they were trying to get Paradise open but weren’t able to. Limited terrain but conditions were fun considering they just start blowing a few days ago and had warm temps and rain yesterday. Closed tomorrow for rain until Friday. Looks like they might have snow making temps again mid-week. Was good to get out.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Way to get at it. Hopefully your right and the end of the week will be cold enough to make some snow. Hopefully the opening weekend hoopla is over too. If the weather cooperates will hit it up next weekend as I patiently wait for Camelback to open

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cookie cutter conditions at Blue this morning compared to last Saturday. No new trails which isn’t surprising given the weather. Nice soft spring like snow. Got around 10 runs in between 8 and 10 before it started get crowded and I headed out. Mainly midway and lower main. Heavy rain tomorrow but snow making temps at night this week. Hoping for another trail or two next weekend.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Made it up to Blue Mtn today for day 1 of my ski season. Limited terrain did cause a couple of choke points out on the snow, but the lift lines were never longer than 3 groups ahead of me. I got 16 runs in 3.5 hrs.

Blue started out quite gray.
20231209_083839.jpg

Little/no coverage on much of the mountain
20231209_093714.jpg

20231209_093743.jpg

Brought out the newest addition to the quiver.
20231209_083819.jpg

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I made noises about going to Blue on Saturday, on Friday night but that same Friday night won (good friends, good times) and over slept in the morning. Oh well, Camelback opens this week. Time to start piling up the days.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I made noises about going to Blue on Saturday, on Friday night but that same Friday night won (good friends, good times) and over slept in the morning. Oh well, Camelback opens this week. Time to start piling up the days.
Honestly unless you have a season pass or ikon visits to burn it’s not worth it yet. With only two ways to the bottom that really overlap for 1/2 of the way gets old pretty quickly. That and a wall of snowboarders spread out across the top of Shuttle because they didn’t have enough speed coming off of Burma made me head for the parking lot by 1030. That being said I’ll be back next weekend regardless. ;)

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Honestly unless you have a season pass or ikon visits to burn it’s not worth it yet. With only two ways to the bottom that really overlap for 1/2 of the way gets old pretty quickly. That and a wall of snowboarders spread out across the top of Shuttle because they didn’t have enough speed coming off of Burma made me head for the parking lot by 1030. That being said I’ll be back next weekend regardless. ;)
I have an Ikon. Blue is 30 min further from my house, When it comes to Pocono skiing that extra 1/2 hr is a lot especially when its 1 thin run. When the weather turns (and I think it will) and Blue and Camelback get open, and Blue puts in bumps before CBK (cause they will) then that 1/2 hr becomes easier and I will do some mornings at Blue. But the straight shot on 80 from here in NNJ to Camelback makes it so convenient and that's why it's the home bump.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an Ikon. Blue is 30 min further from my house, When it comes to Pocono skiing that extra 1/2 hr is a lot especially when it’s 1 thin run. When the weather turns (and I think it will) and Blue and Camelback get open, and Blue puts in bumps before CBK (cause they will) then that 1/2 hr becomes easier and I will do some mornings at Blue. But the straight shot on 80 from here in NNJ to Camelback makes it so convenient and that's why it's the home bump.
Gotcha. I’m coming from SJ so the opposite direction with Blue being closer. I have both Ikon and a Blue pass so will probably give Camelback at visit at some point this winter.

Don’t get me wrong, the snow has been fun at Blue the past two weeks. Especially now that I’m enjoying and starting to seek out bumps and a few trails are getting bumped up every morning. :)

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They can really lay it down once they start, gotta say one of the best imho. Love the sound of that big compressor running

Sponsor

Staff online