• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2023-2024 Season Snow Predictions

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The 2022-2023 Season is over for Colorado. It was an "average" season for the i70 zone (and WP) where most people ski. Some good days and some forgettable days which are still better than what you get in most areas in the Country.

Now with the season behind us we start looking forward and all things are pointing towards a record breaking El Niño developing soon and continuing well into and through our winter months. In general that means a REALLY late start for the i70 resorts and sub-par snow for most of the winter. Most resorts to our south and southwest however do incredibly well during strong El Niño winters. That said, there is some spillover into the i70 zone but not much, we get scraps. Less than usual. We might get lucky here and there but in generally I would not bet on it. Spring is the wildcard, as usual. Ok, there are other factors and higher elevation resorts (LL and A-Basin) can score HUGE if El Niño is in full swing early on (October->)

Now, lets continue with our Summer Activities which have been slowly but surely getting into gear. It has been comfortably cool and wet through April, May and now June. Low elevation trails are in prime shape and high elevation zones are starting to melt out with snow lines around 11k+ still with some exceptions in shadier spots.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online