• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think they said you had to sign up in advance at Bobo's Mogul Mouse, but I'm prepared to be corrected.
You very well might be correct.

Wow, this picture from Rose's site is about 15 years old!
  • Elan Waveflexes
  • Elan 888
  • Volkl Attiva Fuegos
  • Volkl AC3 & AC4
  • Salomon X-Wings
  • Atomic Nomads
1701999631806.png

Coincidence ...

Thus showed up on my FB memories today from 2007..
1701999902674.png
The same Waveflexes (and Kryptons) in the picture above in the hands of Will Lachenauer (Elan/Dabello rep)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, you have to sign up at Bobo's ahead of time.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You very well might be correct.

Wow, this picture from Rose's site is about 15 years old!
  • Elan Waveflexes
  • Elan 888
  • Volkl Attiva Fuegos
  • Volkl AC3 & AC4
  • Salomon X-Wings
  • Atomic Nomads
View attachment 217718

Coincidence ...

Thus showed up on my FB memories today from 2007..
View attachment 217719
The same Waveflexes (and Kryptons) in the picture above in the hands of Will Lachenauer (Elan/Dabello rep)
That's a blast from the past.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So far so good. A boarder and I tried to share the same space on the hill today. I just got a CT to make sure my inards are all where they're supposed to be and also see if the ribs on my left lower back are bruised, cracked, or broken. It was a pretty violent collision.
Oh no! Hope you are okay and heal quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Considering the slow-er start for this season, Ashley decided to get some narrow-er skis to make things more fun. Excited for her to check em out this sunday!

View attachment 217597
I had similar agressive shaped SL ski's (Fischer RCR Supercarve) but told Trish they could be tossed a couple years after arriving on the west coast. Figured I'd never need them again but they worked very well on icy man-made snow. Oh well. I actually saw them in a thrift store here for $50 about 2 years ago (my bindings & stickers). lol

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
So far so good. A boarder and I tried to share the same space on the hill today. I just got a CT to make sure my inards are all where they're supposed to be and also see if the ribs on my left lower back are bruised, cracked, or broken. It was a pretty violent collision.
Sums up why I avoid WROD's

But did you get run over by a reindeer !

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hit up Sugar Bowl again today, expecting a few more chairs to be added to the rotation, but not to be. Making snow like crazy on Christmas tree but not spinning, nor was Lincoln. Snow was mostly good, although the wind scoured high spots were interesting. Impressed with the number of skiers/boarders going off-pist without any audible base and edge carnage, as it's still pretty boney.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Finally a little more terrain this afternoon. Watched patrol putzing around on the webcam for a bit late this morning so headed over hoping the ridge hike was opening and was maybe 30 min after the rope dropped. Snow quality was a little wind affected but best turns of the season thus far. It’s the little victories in these meager early seasons!
IMG_0393.jpeg IMG_0399.jpeg Quite the lineup of big mountain team kids trying to land their first backies of the season off the kangaroo kicker
IMG_0402.jpeg

Sponsor