• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Nice day at Squaw, especially if you avoided the trap like Gold Coast. I took one look at a Funi line abd went to Red Dog. Still came up later in the day and immediately regretted it, it was that crowded. The saving grace was that after 40 minutes in the line you could hike Sibo ( which I did) or Mainline pocket ( which I did not). The snow was surprisingly nice and even powdery ( in places).

Gaper photo of the day. I talked to the guy he said: Yes it feels a little weird, but I am managing...
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 8.25.43 AM.png

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice day at Squaw, especially if you avoided the trap like Gold Coast. I took one look at a Funi line abd went to Red Dog. Still came up later in the day and immediately regretted it, it was that crowded. The saving grace was that after 40 minutes in the line you could hike Sibo ( which I did) or Mainline pocket ( which I did not). The snow was surprisingly nice and even powdery ( in places).

Gaper photo of the day. I talked to the guy he said: Yes it feels a little weird, but I am managing...
View attachment 217987

It sounds like it was a conscious decision, so not so gaperish? Maybe a bad hip/knee/ankle or something? Presumably weren't actually riding it switch like that on the down??

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Coincidentally, my friends and I were talking last night about figuring out how one is goofy or regular, mostly in the context of surfing/sup (if you paddled with a staggered stance), and one person said they discovered what they were on a snowboard when riding switch felt more natural to them.

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
Was at Kirkwood today, and they are over selling. Thin coverage, only one groomed run (Outlaw?) off Chair 5 because it has snow guns. The rest off 5 and 11 were bumps with bits of grass poking through. Never made it over to Chair 7. I doubt they will be able to groom anything else till another foot of coverage. IMG_7571.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsor