• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific 2023/24 Epic Passes On Sale Now, Offering Skiers and Riders the Best Value to Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge, Park City Mountain and More

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
- Epic Pass launches at $909; Epic Local Pass at $676; Epic Day Pass customizable with three levels of resort access – ski or ride Vail Mountain from $86 a day
- New for next season: Mobile Pass makes your phone your pass to the...

2023-2024-Epic-Pass-SkiTalk.jpg

BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 7, 2023 – The only thing better than locking in your Epic Pass, is locking in your Epic Pass at the lowest price of the year. So, heads up skiers and riders – 2023/24 Epic Pass options are now available to purchase, and with new benefits and experiences. If you love to ski Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge, Park City Mountain, Stowe, Seven Springs and more great resorts, there has never been a better time to be an Epic Pass Holder.

For the upcoming 2023/24 winter season, benefits of being an Epic Pass Holder include:

• Mobile Pass: Guests will be able to store their pass directly on their phone, put their phone in their pocket, and get scanned, hands free, via Bluetooth® Low Energy technology. This eliminates the need to wait in the ticket window line or wait for your pass to arrive in the mail. It will also help reduce plastic and RFID chip waste. Plastic cards will still be available to our guests who cannot or do not want to use their phone as their pass. Mobile Pass will be available on the new My Epic app, coming in the fall of 2023.
  • Mountain Resort Investments: Following 18 new lift upgrades this season, Vail Resorts is investing in additional lift projects planned for next season, including at Keystone (Colorado), Breckenridge (Colorado), Whistler Blackcomb (Canada), Stevens Pass (Washington) and Attitash (New Hampshire). At Keystone, a new 6-person high-speed lift will increase lift-served terrain by 555 acres in Bergman Bowl. Breckenridge’s investment is focused on enhancing the beginner and children’s experience on Peak 8. All lift projects are subject to regulatory approval and dates are subject to change.
  • New European Partner Resort Experiences: Last year, Vail Resorts acquired a majority stake in Andermatt-Sedrun in Switzerland. Next season, Epic Pass is expanding its European resort access with the addition of Switzerland’s Disentis as a partner resort. Disentis is the neighboring mountain to Andermatt-Sedrun. When combined, Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis offer guests access to the largest ski area in the heart of Switzerland. Epic Pass also signed partnership extensions with Les 3 Vallées in France, Ski Arlberg in Austria, and Skirama Dolomiti in Italy, and has an existing partnership at Verbier4Vallées in Switzerland. Additional international partners include Hakuba Valley and Rusutsu in Japan, and Resorts of the Canadian Rockies in Canada.
  • Buddy Tickets: Pass Holders who purchase early will receive 10 Buddy Tickets and six Ski with a Friend Tickets to bring friends and family to join the ski and ride experience at a significant discount.
  • No Reservations: No reservations will be required at any resort on the Epic Pass for the 2023/24 season, except Telluride Ski Resort. More information on how Epic Pass Holders can make reservations at Telluride next season is available here.
  • Epic Mountain Rewards: Pass Holders receive 20 percent off on-mountain food and beverage, lodging, group ski and ride school lessons, equipment rentals and more. Pass Holders also receive summer benefits at eligible resorts, including Summer Scenic Gondola rides, 20 percent off summer food, lodging, bike rentals and golf.
  • Epic FlexPay: Pass Holders have access to easy monthly installments with Epic FlexPay, powered by Uplift. The deferred payment option includes zero down payment, zero interest, and if purchased early, zero payments until September[1].
  • Epic Coverage: Passes are non-refundable except through Epic Coverage, which provides refunds for certain resort closures and personal events such as job loss, injury or illness. Epic Coverage is provided at no additional cost and Pass Holders should review the Epic Coverage Terms and Conditions. Lift tickets are fully refundable but do not provide the value or flexibility of passes.

PassLaunch PriceBenefits
Epic Pass$909Provides unlimited, unrestricted access to 42 resorts – including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Crested Butte, Park City, Whistler Blackcomb, Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Stowe, Stevens Pass and more. With additional partner resorts like Telluride, the Epic Pass unlocks access to more than 80 resorts. No reservations required at any resorts, except Telluride.
Epic Local Pass$676Provides unlimited, unrestricted access to 29 resorts coast to coast – including Breckenridge and Keystone, as well as peak restricted days access to resorts like Park City, Heavenly and Stowe, and 10 days total to use at Vail, Beaver Creek and Whistler Blackcomb.
Northeast Value Pass$555Provides access to 21 resorts across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, including Stowe, Hunter, Mount Snow, Okemo, Wildcat and Seven Springs.
Epic Day
Pass
CustomizableSkiers and riders can build their own pass, choosing from three levels of resort access, one to seven days, and whether or not to include peak restricted days.

Offered ahead of the season, Epic Day Passes provide savings up to 65% compared to lift ticket prices. Examples:

• All Resorts Access: Ski or ride at resorts like Vail, Breckenridge and Whistler Blackcomb from $86 per day
  • 32 Resorts Access: Ski or ride at resorts like Keystone, Heavenly and Stowe from $66 per day
  • 22 Resorts Access: Ski or ride at local ski areas from $41 per day
Epic Military Pass$159To honor the service of Vail Mountain’s founders from the 10th Mountain Division, and men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces, Canadian Armed Forces and Australian Defence Force, Vail Resorts offers the Epic Military Pass.

The Epic Military Pass provides unlimited, unrestricted access to 42 resorts – including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Whistler Blackcomb and Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis – for $159 for Active and Retired Military and their dependents. Veterans and their dependents can purchase an Epic Military Pass for $519.

Compare all Epic Pass offerings, including regional passes, on the Epic Pass website.

[1] Epic FlexPay T&Cs: Restrictions and exclusions apply. See Terms and Conditions for details. Uplift T&Cs: All loans are $0 down and 0% APR but the length of the loan offered may vary. A minimum total purchase of $49 required to apply for a loan. Not everyone is eligible, and some states are not served, including IA and WV. Loans made through Uplift are offered by these lending partners: uplift.com/lenders. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.

About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)

Vail Resorts is a network of the best destination and close-to-home ski resorts in the world including Vail Mountain, Breckenridge, Park City Mountain, Whistler Blackcomb, Stowe, and 32 additional resorts across North America; Andermatt-Sedrun in Switzerland; and Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creek in Australia. We are passionate about providing an Experience of a Lifetime to our team members and guests, and our EpicPromise is to reach a zero net operating footprint by 2030, support our employees and communities, and broaden engagement in our sport. Our company owns and/or manages a collection of elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, a portfolio of vacation rentals, condominiums and branded hotels located in close proximity to our mountain destinations, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Retail operates more than 250 retail and rental locations across North America. Learn more about our company at www.VailResorts.com, or discover our resorts and pass options at www.EpicPass.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like 7 days of Resorts of Canadian Rockies are still included in the full Epic Pass. I haven’t heard of many people using their RCR days. Not sure it’s widely known about?

(Tagging @Mike Thomas since this came up in conversation recently)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Looks like 7 days of Resorts of Canadian Rockies are still included in the full Epic Pass. I haven’t heard of many people using their RCR days. Not sure it’s widely known about?

I used them last year, made a decent 2 week trip with WB though a true BC/AB road trip would need Ikon as well.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I cannot find any information but are there any ski benefits for the end of this season if you buy early?

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A non-tech company using Bluetooth LE to drive lift access in a cold environment with poor cellular service.

What could possibly go wrong?

When it works it's brilliant. Love my Tesla "phone as key" and it's reliable. But Tesla is a heck of a lot better at engineering than VR, and the use case isn't as challenging.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have been Epic Local passholders since inception......but I believe we are finally making a split from our Epic Local passes next year......We are moving towards Ikon to be able to start going back to Sugarbush, Killington, Stratton, etc...plus we are planning for Big Sky next Easter/ and then eventually the Gatherings.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Looking at this sheet per Storm Skiing Journal 23/24 pricing is below 19/20 :doh:

View attachment 195578
It's pretty steadily inflating post the great Covid "let's win our skiers back and discount from Alterra's positioning" reset.

Keep it affordable enough and come next season people forget this season's operational gripes ( which to be fair to me are more of the challenging weather conditions than piss poor planning and staffing of last year).

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec

Chiropractor using it right now. I'll let you know.

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's pretty steadily inflating post the great Covid "let's win our skiers back and discount from Alterra's positioning" reset.

Keep it affordable enough and come next season people forget this season's operational gripes ( which to be fair to me are more of the challenging weather conditions than piss poor planning and staffing of last year).
I hate to say it but here in Tahoe I think VR out-operated Alterra this year. I've seen more staffing problems and general operational nightmares at Palisades than I have at the VR properties. Northstar has had their parking situation reasonably organized, HV has had a lot of challenges with getting open after weather events but once open seems to run things reasonably well, and Kirkwood has been great on my 3 trips down there.

On the other hand I don't even go near Palisades on Saturdays any more.

Side note- Alta has perfected liftline management. I don't know why these big corporations don't just copy how Alta does it. Neither VR nor Alterra seems to understand how to get people to count to 4 or 6.

Gibby

Booting up
Skier
We just purchased an Epic local pass for next season. Plentiful choices for us in Colorado.

TonyPlush

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anyone have info on Vail's historical price increases for the Epic Pass?

I'm wondering how long this early bird pricing will last, and how much they will increase the price as we near the ski season.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does anyone have info on Vail's historical price increases for the Epic Pass?

I'm wondering how long this early bird pricing will last, and how much they will increase the price as we near the ski season.
I don't have the numbers so this is just gut memory, but the price increases have historically been modest .

The first to go are the buddy passes but prices stay the same through spring.
Then the increases are only on the order of $20 to $30 jumps.
It will only be in the range of +$100 (or less) from the starting price by last call.

They also will be very vocal to market the "deadlines" for the jumps, as deadlines drive sales.

Last edited:

Joe Strummer

Getting on the lift
Skier
A non-tech company using Bluetooth LE to drive lift access in a cold environment with poor cellular service.

When it works it's brilliant. Love my Tesla "phone as key" and it's reliable. But Tesla is a heck of a lot better at engineering than VR, and the use case isn't as challenging.
I don't know about that. Vail's Covid 19 Booking software worked just fine. Bluetooth does not require cell coverage. Its range is meters not kilometers.

As I listen to music via Bluetooth, not sure how I could then use Bluetooth to scan my pass.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

The epicmix, pass cards and scanner system are all homegrown by VR, and over a decade now so I wouldn't say they are nontech in this field, but actually established proven innovator (or at least their provider partner/contractor is). Better than being under skidata's thumb.

The risk is the fact that they dont control the devices though and up to hundreds of phone models of different wear and tear sounds to just be signing up for problems though. Even a few percent of people with pass problems will clog up the lines especially during morning load.
I would've suggested piloting with support only for a few specific most popular phone models first. Perhaps this solves itself, and only the super techy with newest phones bother with it, and if it doesn't work for them once, they stop using it.
I personally wouldn't use it because carrying the pass isn't that big of an problem-i have a passpocket on my jacket, and potential battery use/ phone problems means hassle; so the risk /reward math isn't there.

Perhaps the use case is if you're on daytickets this allows you to go direct to lift and skip a line/kiosk, but it's a bit of an ask to have destination tourists download an app just for a single trip.

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm recommending that all ski racers who have Epic Pass products stick with RFID cards. It's not a great idea to compete with a smartphone tucked away in a speed suit and most resorts don't offer a pass-free cut line for competitors who need to loop around and get their clothes/backpacks/whatever. The RFID card can be stashed in a speed suit (most have a pocket for it), on a goggle strap, or on a lanyard.

I'm sticking with the RFID card for next season.

Reactions: BC.

Sponsor

Staff online