• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2023-24 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

LiquidFeet

lurking
Instructor
All,
Greetings! I’m finally fully into thinking about this ski season. My ski instructor paperwork is submitted (Appalachian Ski Mountain), scheduled is submitted, and ski tuning in my garage has begun (picture evidence!). I’m readying my older Nordica Hot Rods to teach on, simply because they’re a fun pair of skis.

I am scheduled for App’s Anniversary weekend on that Saturday.
App also has their annual ski swap going on from 10/13 through 10/22. I plan to drop by next Saturday 10/21.

Preseason Sale Hours:

Mon-Thurs: 10am – 6pm
Fri & Sat (13 & 14): 10am – 8pm
Fri & Sat (20 & 21): 10am – 6pm
Sun: 12 Noon – 6pm

Aside from that, I’m looking for the random day trip. I want to get a day in at Sugar. I’m planning on a PSIA event at either Beech or Cataloochee.

Also, I’m intrigued to check out the resort formerly known as Wolf Ridge. Interesting stuff going on at https://www.hatleypointe.com/ . This season might be a bit of a transitory one, but if they can prove their snowmaking improvements, this might be an interesting option.

Lastly, @LiquidFeet , we don’t know each other personally, but literally grabbed and and studied posts made by you on the old EpicSki forums when prepping for Level 2. Gosh, I recall some spirited conversations around PSIA level 2 prep on that forum. I’m from New England as well, relocated to NC in 2019.

Cheers to all, and hope to meet some of you. Let me know if you’re at Appalachian on their anniversary weekend.
Jay,
Where are you in NC? I lived there for years.
And yes, conversations were "spirited" back in the day on Epic.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
One of the last Ski Swaps is this happening weekend.

Pro Fit Ski, Leesburg, VA - November 19, 2023. Drop off thru 11/18

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Next weekend Appalachian Ski Mountain has $10 lift tickets Saturday and Sunday (Online Reservation Purchase Required).

I'll be there Sunday at 11am.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
We did? Point me at it?

Sure, I can do the M'nut qibla thing. Are you currently 75% or 25%?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sure, I can do the M'nut qibla thing. Are you currently 75% or 25%?

Ah... that thread. I was trying to find/remember a thread specifically about the new chair at M'nut. :)

And I'm currently 75%, but will be hitting that 25% on Saturday for a couple of weeks. Day 1 for me should be Sunday! :D

Jay Marcoux

I ski and I know things.
Skier
Great to see the guns cranking! If anyone else is going to App this Saturday 12/2, I’ll be there. Hopefully the rain stays the heck away.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Great to see the guns cranking! If anyone else is going to App this Saturday 12/2, I’ll be there. Hopefully the rain stays the heck away.
Too many great college football games Saturday. I booked Sunday.. but never got the email confirmation parking pass. I messaged the website about it.. Same thing happened last year. Got the web checkout screen shot with the transaction number so I'll bring that if they don't respond to the support request.

Jay Marcoux

I ski and I know things.
Skier
Too many great college football games Saturday. I booked Sunday.. but never got the email confirmation parking pass. I messaged the website about it.. Same thing happened last year. Got the web checkout screen shot with the transaction number so I'll bring that if they don't respond to the support request.
I’ve heard some grumblings this morning about tickets, and pretty much everything else. They will take care of it - definitely not smooth, but at least it is really in order this weekend and decent conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4275.jpeg
    IMG_4275.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
    IMG_4273.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4272.jpeg
    IMG_4272.jpeg