• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Armada Reliance 92 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lauren
Size tested: 164, 172
Location tested: Waterville Valley, NH
Conditions tested in: Mixed

A little less business and a little more party than the outgoing Victa, the new Reliance showed versatility on groomers, chopped-up fresh snow, and a few small bumps. Armada hit the nail on the head by supplying a ski with a lot of horsepower while maintaining a friendly, easygoing attitude. Even though this ski was slightly shorter than my normal choice, it was still stable and inspired confidence. At 92 underfoot, this ski can still lay down some railroad tracks on groomers.

Tricia
Size tested: 164cm
Location tested: Palisades Tahoe
Conditions tested in: Spring-like

One of the top contenders in Armada's new women's lineup is the Reliance 92Ti. The Reliance has more of a freeride feel than its predecessor, the Victa, and offers a playful nature with enough stoutness to handle crud and float in a little powder. I skied this in a size shorter than I would usually choose. While it's not a carving ski, it didn't let me down when I was on the groomers. It handles small pockets of moguls really well. With this versatility, your can count on a full day on the mountain, whether you are seeking your favorite tree run, snaking a powder line, or slaying the chutes.
  • Insider tip: If you think Armada only makes park skis, think again.

Awards
Who is it for?
A resort skier looking to ride the whole mountain. Someone who wants a full-on crud buster.
Who is it not for?
Aladdin and other magic carpet riders. A person who prefers lighter and more maneuverable skis.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
  3. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
156, 164, 172, 180
Dimensions
131-92-117
Radius
17m@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Tricia , I'm considering this or Declivity 92(I think they're the same) or Blizzard Rustler 9. Sounds like Armada are a tad lighter and tad better on hardback. I hope to demo soon unless Armada drops price significantly before I can demo. I'd like to get a 95 with binding but if I go with Marker my choices might be 90 or 100. Would 90 fit on these skis?
Thanks, Larry

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia , I'm considering this or Declivity 92(I think they're the same) or Blizzard Rustler 9. Sounds like Armada are a tad lighter and tad better on hardback. I hope to demo soon unless Armada drops price significantly before I can demo.
Are are pretty dead on with your thoughts. Expect a price adjustment with the Armada since the graphics are changing for next year.
I'd like to get a 95 with binding but if I go with Marker my choices might be 90 or 100. Would 90 fit on these skis?
Thanks, Larry
A 90 will fit, but better off with the 100. We tend to err to the wider of two sizes when working with Marker Royal bindings/

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are are pretty dead on with your thoughts. Expect a price adjustment with the Armada since the graphics are changing for next year.

A 90 will fit, but better off with the 100. We tend to err to the wider of two sizes when working with Marker Royal bindings/
@Philpug , thanks for the update. My local REI has a few 172 Reliance in stock. I'm still on fence but I have Ripstick 96 so I thought the Reliance would be a better alternative for me because I prefer hard pack. I tend to ski Mammoth runs Chair 3,5,Cornice and Scotty's and it seems Reliance or Ripstick both can ski these fine but my local hill in Big Bear is all hard pack so Reliance is better choice. I think Rustler 9 is too similar to Ripstick in that either can ski 4-8" of fresh if necessary but I'd still like to demo first if possible?

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Philpug , another question. Me being 150 intermediate skier is Squier binding ok or should I or need to move up to Griffon?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug , another question. Me being 150 intermediate skier is Squier binding ok or should I or need to move up to Griffon?
IMHO the Griffon is a better heel but I would also not dismiss the Squire TCX which is the two stage heel, much easier to get into in mixed condtions.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMHO the Griffon is a better heel but I would also not dismiss the Squire TCX which is the two stage heel, much easier to get into in mixed condtions.
Ok, thanks. I think I'll go for the Griffon

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Philpug , thanks for the update. My local REI has a few 172 Reliance in stock. I'm still on fence but I have Ripstick 96 so I thought the Reliance would be a better alternative for me because I prefer hard pack. I tend to ski Mammoth runs Chair 3,5,Cornice and Scotty's and it seems Reliance or Ripstick both can ski these fine but my local hill in Big Bear is all hard pack so Reliance is better choice. I think Rustler 9 is too similar to Ripstick in that either can ski 4-8" of fresh if necessary but I'd still like to demo first if possible?
Pulled the trigger on the Reliance at REI. I hope to ski them in April at Mammoth. Thanks for the advice!!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pulled the trigger on the Reliance at REI. I hope to ski them in April at Mammoth. Thanks for the advice!!
@Philpug , hopefully, 1 last question. I'm at REI for ski binding mounting. I know they are the same as the declivity BUT is the mount line point the same. REI said "maybe" the std mount point for the men and women might be different? Am I overthinking this? Just mount on the line regardless? Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug , hopefully, 1 last question. I'm at REI for ski binding mounting. I know they are the same as the declivity BUT is the mount line point the same. REI said "maybe" the std mount point for the men and women might be different? Am I overthinking this? Just mount on the line regardless? Thanks
The line is fine.

Sponsor