• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Blossom AM77

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still love the Whiteouts. Took 'em out on some of the hike to lines at snow basin like Lonetree and the Cirque this weekend. I was expecting more of a groomer day. But My kids wanted to do the hikes for the first time, the weather was good, so was game on. I usually bring a different ski when hikes are on the menu, but the Whiteouts just crushed the steeps in the wind buffed and desicated chalk. Flex is pretty dialed on these skis for am work.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hows the flex on these suckers? Say compared to a Stockli AX/AR, more stiff? How about torsionally stiff?

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never skied the AX/AR Stockli's so I can't make a comparison. I will say that the AM77 feels soft (smooth) when engaging the tip, but one you're past it there's plenty of energy to propel you out of a turn. On hard ice I do have trouble getting the ski to grip but I believe that's my problem and not the ski. If there's any snow at all the grip is fine. In my limited experience it doesn't feel overly stiff and I would summarize this as an all-purpose, very fun, and predictable ski; I think it's great.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hows the flex on these suckers?
Balanced
Say compared to a Stockli AX/AR, more stiff?
Similar, the difference is the profile. The AX and AR are a little more gradual in the tip rise with an extended tip, where the Blossom is a little more traditional in shape with IMHO a quicker turn in and more rounded turn shape.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Similar, the difference is the profile. The AX and AR are a little more gradual in the tip rise with an extended tip, where the Blossom is a little more traditional in shape with IMHO a quicker turn in and more rounded turn shape.
Similar in profile to something like say... the Atlas 80?

Sponsor