• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Elan Ripstick 88 W

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From previous season...

Tricia
: Elan's Ripstick name is something that has always appealed to me, so naturally I jumped at the chance to add the Ripstick 88 W to my demo list. First of all, it's pretty rare that a brand offers a women’s ski in this 88 category in a 178 length, so if you’re a tall girl who has a hard time finding the right length in an 88, this is a ski to add to your short list. It initiates a turn well, displays a variety of turn shapes, and plays around in moguls. It is relatively soft, so it lends itself to someone who is lighter weight or just likes a nimble ski. Since I’m more on the finesse side on most of my ski days, it did right by me.
  • Insider tip: If you’re looking for something a little more frontside-specific, check out the Wildcat.

Who is it for?
A lightweight woman looking for a playful off-piste ski.
Who is it not for?
Heavier skiers.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
149, 156, 163, 170, 177
Dimensions
130-88-105
Radius
15.4m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat

NaughtyClaus

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My wife's go to ski was her secret 92. After reading many reviews and not nearly enough demos my wife got a pair of these to compliment her quiver. Main purpose was to help her improve her mogul skiing / all mountain. These have really helped her transform her overall skiing. It wasn't love at first lap but after a couple days and learning drive the inside knee, thanks deb armstrong, she has really progressed. She carving much more confidently on very steep firm runs. Her mogul skiing is also improving. After 7 days on them she gives the ripstick 88w a double thumbs up. I would agree.

Sponsor