• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Head Shape E-V8

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink:
Size tested: 170cm
Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA
Conditions tested in: First run groomers, firm but not bullet proof

Head has changed the nomenclature of the V-Shape series to Shape. The idea is it's more of a stepping stone name to the very popular Super Shape series. I got on the Shape E-V8 as the first test ski of the two day demo because I have been a proponent of the original V-Shape V8 since the first time I skied it. The Shape E-V8 is very reminiscent of the original in that is ridiculously easy to ski yet has a good performance envelope. With the same measurements as the original, the Shape E-V-8 carries forward with the 13.2 radius in a 170. The skis are really easy to get on edge with the wide tip pulling you into a turn even at very low edge angles. Don't let the ease of initiation fool you into believing this is only a ski for beginners; oh, no. Lighter expert carvaholics can have a great time on these skis. Even us larger folks can enjoy a solid performing ski that allows for a relaxing, less demanding run every once in a while.

The demo pair I was on were equipped with the Tyrolia Protector bindings. The combo remained light and flickable. With the same Energy Management Circuit technology found in the Super Shape e-series, the Shape E-V8 has become perhaps a bit more quiet on the snow while retaining its light weight.
  • Insider tip I: I still contend many people on Super Shape series skis would be just as happy or perhaps more so on the Shape series. Less demanding with a substantial part of the performance.
  • Insider tip II: Get the skis with the Protector bindings.
  • One thing I would change: Nothing. The ski looks great and skis to its design expectations.

Who is it for?
The skier who wants an easy to initiate carving ski with enough bandwidth to ski some leftovers.
Who is it not for?
The charger who really drives their skis. For you there is the Super Shape series.
Skier ability
  1. Beginner/Novice
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
149, 156, 163, 170, 177
Dimensions
130-75-112
Radius
13.2m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Construction
  2. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

RoninSkier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can someone elaborate how the e v8 performs at speed and on ice for an advanced - expert skier?
Perhaps even in a Nastar course and bumps & knee deep powder?

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great review - looking for a beginning front-side carver for my son. This might be it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can someone elaborate how the e v8 performs at speed and on ice for an advanced - expert skier?
Perhaps even in a Nastar course and bumps & knee deep powder?
Not quite enough, this is an intermediate/advance ski for a lighter skier.

Sponsor