• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2023 Head Shape V8 vs 2023 Head Supershape eRally

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great comparison. Love the format and the detail. Great insight as to speed and early turn initiation. Never heard that before. V8 looks good. The e-Rally is what everyone wants but is it what you really need? I think I would be happy with both but is the V8 fast and powerful enough for my needs vs. my need for a little more mellow (knees aren't getting any stronger).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great comparison. Love the format and the detail. Great insight as to speed and early turn initiation. Never heard that before. V8 looks good. The e-Rally is what everyone wants but is it what you really need? I think I would be happy with both but is the V8 fast and powerful enough for my needs vs. my need for a little more mellow (knees aren't getting any stronger).
You get it. Thank you.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
There is an e-Titan, correct? I would like a comparison to the Titan.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is an e-Titan, correct? I would like a comparison to the Titan.
This should help you understand the differences between the eRally and eTitan

Simply the eTitan has a wider waist but basically the same tip and tail as the eRally which creates a longer radius and more off piste versatility.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have the e-V8 and find it too light for me. I'm 6' 210-220. The e-Rally may be better suited for me but I can only find the e-Magnum to demo which I'm doing on Friday.

I'm looking for a carver like the e-V8 but mre beefy I suppose.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've skied the Supershape e-Rally 5 days now. Head and shoulders above e-V8 (no pun intended). I think it's my weight (210lbs on a light day) that demands the stiffness.

The e-Rally stability at speed is very impressive. At 40MPH I felt fine, although I don't ski that speed almost ever and didn't keep it at that speed for long. On the e-v8 at 25 MPH I felt 'nervous'.

To be fair my e-v8s were 170 whereas my new e-Rallys are 177. So damper and longer, maybe it's not a fair fight in that area?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So damper and longer, maybe it's not a fair fight in that area?
Not a fair comparison at all, that V8 in a 170 was way under gunned for your size.

Sponsor