• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: This is the first ski in a while that made me think I wanted to don a race suit and get into a Thursday night beer league. It just wants to be laid over on edge and turn and turn and turn some more. I am glad I took them out after the mountain got scraped off, because the harder the snow, the better it performed. While the e-Pro is not a full-bore race ski, it is as close to one as you will find.

Insider tip: Bring your A-game. I love a ski that comes in 5cm increments.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those who think the Supershapes are a little too warm and fuzzy.
Who is it not for?
If you cannot appreciate a good groomer, stay on your fat skis.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
160, 165, 170, 175, 180
Dimensions
121-68-102
Radius
14.4m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Plate

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Keep an eye on BobLeisure for these. They price it either at $1300 or $700 and switch it every week or two. Time it right and save.
Is $700 for one ski but if you buy two you save $100? :ogbiggrin:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
hmmm ... I have a pair of bindings for these

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
hmmm ... I have a pair of bindings for these
I wish I would have sized down. These are the 180s, but 170s would have given me more options at Baker. I just don't have much room to safely bring them up to speed to link several turns. But they are quick. I was railing turns down to Chair 5 and patrol gave me the stoked sign. A cheer from the lift is one thing. A complement from Baker Pro Patrol is a level up. :)

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins Me too, first day on my e-Race Pros today :). We were getting along like old friends by mid-day.

@SkiMore, mine are getting friendlier the more I use them. Yesterday I grabbed them as the forecast wasn't calling for any new snow and I thought everything would be skied out; plus my son prefers to ski on piste. Well, it snowed all day and there was still lots of leftovers (some untracked) from the day before. Turns out these skis are a lot of fun in 12" crud -- who knew? A bit of soft moguls, some steeps, snap turns in tight spaces, flying around in 3d snow, turns in the air, turns fully submerged; all very stable, no deflections, no tail lock. Of course, conditions were cold and the snow was light. Perhaps I'd feel different if it was typical Baker mank. But as of today these skis are now covering a broader spectrum of my quiver than I originally planned.

IMG_0461.jpg

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great to hear that you are liking the new Heads and that they are more versatile than you were expecting. I think that matches what @markojp has said previously about this ski. Great to hear that you are enjoying them. I have just the one day on them and many words came to mind and "grip" was at the top of the list. I have two weeks off including a clinic so I will get some more days on them. Thanks again for pointing out the great deal from Germany.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Yellow ski action. e-Races and e-Speeds. @markojp, what ski are they using for the short turn events?

Dunno . I'd say eRace Pro for shorter turns, eSpeed for longer. (?) Looks like there's another variation with a tip protector... Maybe next season's SL graphic? No eye'd deer.

Last edited:

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
These are undoubtedly great skis...but just want to jump in and say that I have an aversion to amny ski and producer who markets somehting like a carbon electric circuit with special damping properties...snake oil. I would me embarassed to have them on my feet.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
These are undoubtedly great skis...but just want to jump in and say that I have an aversion to amny ski and producer who markets somehting like a carbon electric circuit with special damping properties...snake oil. I would me embarassed to have them on my feet.

Your loss. Honestly, I could care less about marketing mumbo jumbo. Only thing that matters is how they ski, and they ski very well. I'm guessing everyone I know skiing them cares absolutely zero about marketing either. Anyhow...

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
@markojp--I agree. Certainly my loss and my personal issue. It's just such complete BS. Don't want to support as much as I know I would probably like the skis :(

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
These are undoubtedly great skis...but just want to jump in and say that I have an aversion to amny ski and producer who markets somehting like a carbon electric circuit with special damping properties...snake oil. I would me embarressed to have them on my feet.
1. I don't care what they call it or how they say it works, so long as it works.
2. I would not be so quick to dismiss their explanation, and no I am not spending the time to fully research the technology, but not having done so I cannot dismiss it so easily.

My old SG skis are solid and steady, but they were long and heavy, having three layers of steel (the 2nd generation Kastle SGs were really SG-light and used a light magnesium alloy :P to go along with the inferior Delrin binders) and rubber sandwiched in to go along with the fancy wood core.
My Fischer SCs are short and comparatively light, but are stable thanks to what they call "frequency tuning". Being a former physics teacher and an engineer, I know how that works, and it does.

Are the head Piezo-electric whatever skis vibrationally (no short radius ski won't hunt back and forth for turns when flat) stable at mile-a-minute speeds? If so, great; if not, call BS.

Last edited:

Sponsor