• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

James

Out There
Instructor
Why don’t you ski one on each foot?

Not buying there’s more power without the plate.

Slider

Booting up
Skier
@tomahawkins

How many holes does the plate leave when removed ?
Any picture maybe ?

I could consider e-grs series which is stock mounted with power rail, but still I want the high-end stuff with protector bindings…

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins Me too, first day on my e-Race Pros today :).
I thought I would share an update. I've got probably 15 or so days on my new e-Race Pros and I am getting along really well with these skis. I am coming from an 83 underfoot and was not sure how long it would take to adjust to a substantially narrower ski with a race heritage. They are very stable, and quite fun to ski. After about a day of exploring and getting a feeling for the skis, I have had no difficulty adjusting to these. We've skied on hard snow, packed powder, and softer chewed up snow, but I have not really skied in anything resembling crud or off-piste yet. I now take these out most days as my primary ski. I am really happy with these new skis.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins

How many holes does the plate leave when removed ?
Any picture maybe ?

I could consider e-grs series which is stock mounted with power rail, but still I want the high-end stuff with protector bindings…
The plate has 10 holes. In the pictures I lined up the Twin PR Bases with their corresponding holes.
04465048-63D6-4A15-9E55-367A9F8B243B.jpeg
BBFB4347-9492-4EF1-98DC-9B2C4ACF7D87.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the factory tune on the eRace Pro 1/2? What tune are others running on these?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
.75 and 3 for all my racy'esque skis.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Mark, is the factory tune 1/2?

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
e-speed vs e-speed pro. Can anyone give me a rough guess at how much of a downgrade the non-pro model is (or other relevant advice)? I'm 195, so I don't think I *need* a race plate, but I am used to stiff skis and I don't want anything too soft.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
They're both excellent. At 195lbs, the pro would be fine.

Hati

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Is the factory tune on the eRace Pro 1/2? What tune are others running on these?
Hi, I'm also curios about factory tune. I have skied 30 days with settings out of the box and they felt like 0.8-1/2-3?
Last week I went for tune 0.5/3 and as here in Finland groomers have been hard packed grippy snow and softening during the daytime I feel them too hooky and limiting now meaning not able to get high edge angles as easy as earlier with factory tune.. I would say not enjoying to ski in my personal experience.

I will take the skis for re-tuning next week. They are able to tune with high precision so what would be the factory intended setting which felt quite nice in conditions we've had here as described earlier? Someone mentioned to use 0.75/3. Would that be the reference for factory tune like feeling?
Thanks for your personal experiences and feelings in advance.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Hi, I'm also curios about factory tune. I have skied 30 days with settings out of the box and they felt like 0.8-1/2-3?
Last week I went for tune 0.5/3 and as here in Finland groomers have been hard packed grippy snow and softening during the daytime I feel them too hooky and limiting now meaning not able to get high edge angles as easy as earlier with factory tune.. I would say not enjoying to ski in my personal experience.

I will take the skis for re-tuning next week. They are able to tune with high precision so what would be the factory intended setting which felt quite nice in conditions we've had here as described earlier? Someone mentioned to use 0.75/3. Would that be the reference for factory tune like feeling?
Thanks for your personal experiences and feelings in advance.

I ski them at .75 and 3, but the base structure is probably the most often overlooked part of preparation that effects the 'feel' of the ski. Too aggressive a structure, and the skis won't release or side slip well.

az29okg

Putting on skis
Skier
Should have checked on the Multiflex. I asked about the Superflex High, but Tyrolia was out on of stock for the season. They probably don’t make a whole lot of spars other than those bolted on the SuperShapes.

I may try to engineer up a plate; maybe just a metal band connecting the Twin PR Base pairs to add a little stiffness. Removing the plate make the ski a little softer, not as much as I would have expected.
@tomahawkins (and others who have switched the bindings on their e-Race Pros to Protector bindings) - Any other updates on your experiences with your e-Race Pros with PR plates and Protector 13 bindings? Still happy that you switched to the Protectors?

I am switching my family's skis over to PR13/SLR11 Protector bindings with additional PR/SLR bases (to swap between skis). Just not sure if I should do it to my Head e-Race Pros, as I still need to learn how to ski them properly - higher edge angles (planning on taking lessons this season). Also, I highly doubt that I will ever use them to their full potential, so switching to the Protector's will probably not affect my use/enjoyment of these skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am switching my family's skis over to PR13/SLR11 Protector bindings with additional PR/SLR bases (to swap between skis). Just not sure if I should do it to my Head e-Race Pros, as I still need to learn how to ski them properly - higher edge angles (planning on taking lessons this season). Also, I highly doubt that I will ever use them to their full potential, so switching to the Protector's will probably not affect my use/enjoyment of these skis.
It sounds like you realize the cost / benefit. You should be able to recoup some of the cost of the Protector by reselling the bindings/plates from the ePro's.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins (and others who have switched the bindings on their e-Race Pros to Protector bindings) - Any other updates on your experiences with your e-Race Pros with PR plates and Protector 13 bindings? Still happy that you switched to the Protectors?

Yes. Stack height is the same. Stiffness is about the same (Protectors a little more). Mass is about the same (Protectors a little lighter, I think). Sub-expert skiers would be hard-pressed to tell the difference. Too bad Head doesn't sell the e*Pro skis flat or at least with a PR option.

az29okg

Putting on skis
Skier
It sounds like you realize the cost / benefit. You should be able to recoup some of the cost of the Protector by reselling the bindings/plates from the ePro's.

Yes. Stack height is the same. Stiffness is about the same (Protectors a little more). Mass is about the same (Protectors a little lighter, I think). Sub-expert skiers would be hard-pressed to tell the difference. Too bad Head doesn't sell the e*Pro skis flat or at least with a PR option.

Thanks - will switch the bindings on my e-Race Pros.

Skitard

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Is a WRT-ST a fair comparison to a WC Rebels E-Race? At 5’7” and 175lbs is 165 a good choice with the Rebels?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Flat would likely not be ideal with this ski, as it needs the plate to really shine.
Yes but he says ...
I highly doubt that I will ever use them to their full potential, so switching to the Protector's will probably not affect my use/enjoyment of these skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Confused. The "Pro" part of "e-Race Pro" is the plate, right? Did @az29okg get the skis as a gift or something? Win them in a raffle?

Sponsor