• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

Skitard

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

az29okg

Booting up
Skier
^^^ Confused. The "Pro" part of "e-Race Pro" is the plate, right? Did @az29okg get the skis as a gift or something? Win them in a raffle?
I made the decision to buy them based based on solicited advice on skitalk (https://www.skitalk.com/threads/2023-stockli-montero-ax-or-volkl-deacon-72.28662/) and believing that i was a better skier than i actually am. So, my goal this coming season is to increase my edge angles and properly carve my turns so that i can start to take more advantage of this ski.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup--don't take the plate off!

Also, if you are bigger than about 180 lbs, then the 175 is the way to go on this ski.
I can confirm this. I'm about 185 and went with the 170 for the slightly shorter radius. Should have gone with the 175.

Other than that, awesome ski!

rocket_f

Skier
Anyone have any thought on how a ski like the Rossi Hero Master ST or the Rossi Hero Elite ST Ti would compare to these?

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
As previously discussed, for me, the 175 Head e.Race Pro is more versatile, capable, and fun than the lower end Rossi carvers--none of these sport carvers offer actual race ski performance.

rocket_f

Skier
As previously discussed, for me, the 175 Head e.Race Pro is more versatile, capable, and fun than the lower end Rossi carvers--none of these sport carvers offer actual race ski performance.

Thanks! Appreciate it, versatility is what I am looking for too.

I didn't realize those two skis (especially the Master ST) would be considered lower end carvers, especially seeing that some think they're already too much ski (much below a FIS SL of course). I had always thought product wise anyway that they were supposed to compete with these Head lines and that the Experience were the lower end carvers, but this is good to know, thank you!

Sorry I'm slightly reaching now but... you wouldn't have by coincidence also tried Redster S9/X9 before too to be able to compare to these at all?

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
All of these skis are much higher end sport carvers than the Experience or any other 80+ mm All Mountain ski. However, all 70-80mm wide sport carvers pale in grip to a higher end, sub-70mm wide, sport carver like the Stockli WRT-ST or Head e.Race Pro. And yes, true FIS level race skis are in another realm of grip and stability compared to any recreational sport carver.

The consumer sport carving 182cm/68mm/19m Atomic G9S is similar to the current white 68mm wide 180/18.2m & 185/19.4m Head Rebel e.Speed skis, however the Atomic is marred by the lower-end X12 binding, while the Heads are often paired with the slightly better Freeflex 14. Last year's yellow Head Rebel e.Speed Pro, was even better, as it was usually paired with the Freeflex 16. Note that the current 2024 65mm wide blue Head Rebel e.Speed Pro (185/21.7m) is another level up in performance from these sport carving skis and is more akin to a low end Master's GS ski.

The current blue Atomic X9S is a nice sport carver (175/65.5/15.2m), somewhat similar to the black Head Rebel e.Race (175/68/15.8), but the Atomic is again sapped by the X12 binding, while the e.Race usually has a Freeflex 14 or the on the slightly more powerful blue Pro version, frequently a Freeflex 16.

Last edited:

rocket_f

Skier
All of these skis are much higher end sport carvers than the Experience or any other 80+ mm All Mountain ski. However, all 70-80mm wide sport carvers pale in grip to a higher end, sub-70mm wide, sport carver like the Stockli WRT-ST or Head e.Race Pro. And yes, true FIS level race skis are in another realm of grip and stability compared to any recreational sport carver.

The consumer sport carving 182cm/68mm/19m Atomic G9S is similar to the current white 68mm wide 180/18.2m & 185/19.4m Head Rebel e.Speed skis, however the Atomic is marred by the lower-end X12 binding, while the Heads are often paired with the slightly better Freeflex 14. Last year's yellow Head Rebel e.Speed Pro, was even better, as it was usually paired with the Freeflex 16. Note that the current 2024 65mm wide blue Head Rebel e.Speed Pro (185/21.7m) is another level up in performance from these sport carving skis and is more akin to a low end Master's GS ski.

The current blue Atomic X9S is a nice sport carver (175/65.5/15.2m), somewhat similar to the black Head Rebel e.Race (175/68/15.8), but the Atomic is again sapped by the X12 binding, while the e.Race usually has a Freeflex 14 or the on the slightly more powerful blue Pro version, frequently a Freeflex 16.

Awesome thanks, I'm glad to hear that you hold the e-race pro to such a high standard.

i have the green x9s's. I liked them but even with a few re-tunes, they don't inspire confidence anymore after i've had some really bad tunes (in my head obviously).
What I do feel is that they're a bit twitchy in bumps and not hard pack conditions. Essentially, I realize I'm looking at a "head version" of the same ski.
Maybe just need a do-over!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Awesome thanks, I'm glad to hear that you hold the e-race pro to such a high standard.

i have the green x9s's. I liked them but even with a few re-tunes, they don't inspire confidence anymore after i've had some really bad tunes (in my head obviously).
What I do feel is that they're a bit twitchy in bumps and not hard pack conditions. Essentially, I realize I'm looking at a "head version" of the same ski.
Maybe just need a do-over!

Oh, dare we say, a bit of coaching?

rocket_f

Skier
Oh, dare we say, a bit of coaching?

Always open to it and on-going feedback from examiners. Was a bit short for my L3 (csia) .. did that on Rallys that were too short for me.
I still grip fine on a Dynastar Master GS and the Rallys,.. the X9s were always the best but just hadn't felt the same. May need a few more goes on the tune perhaps (0.5/3 has been my most aggressive). Or like I said, mental problem from them slipping out so badly.

Sponsor