• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Kästle MX83

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Got a pair of 2022's Thursday pm and skied em 2 days in a row at 2 different resorts. Had a 2* edge put on them, then a 3* for day 2
Agreed they rail all types of turn and like hard pack and groomers,
Easy turn initiation and very responsive edge to edge. The 'hole' in the tip makes a lot of chatter but as long as they carve I'm happy! :daffy:

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I decided to stop looking for untracked snow at about 1pm today and went back to the car to trade my powder skis for my mx83’s to carve up the soft roughed-up groomers. On my first run I noticed a gate had been opened so I went through. Spent most of the afternoon skiing the 83s in boot top pow. They were super fun. More “all-mountain” than you’d think.

1F6C2635-D1CF-4F34-A312-BC0B12DDBD25.jpeg

Last edited:

DandyDon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hitting 50 soon, 6 ft 215 pounds. I currently ski Fisher 86 GTs, which are a ton of fun at high speed. Currently skiing 182 cm. Love the description of this ski, how does it compare to the Fisher? I am looking for something that is almost always here on groomers on the West Coast? Is 175 long enough?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hitting 50 soon, 6 ft 215 pounds. I currently ski Fisher 86 GTs, which are a ton of fun at high speed. Currently skiing 182 cm. Love the description of this ski, how does it compare to the Fisher? I am looking for something that is almost always here on groomers on the West Coast? Is 175 long enough?
No, you will need to be on the 180 something. I like both skis, a lot. The Fischer is a little more relaxed in the turn in and release, the Kastle is a little more reactive with a less gradual tip and squarer tail.

Sponsor