• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Lange RS 140

Peb75

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Has anybody got any info on this boot? According to Lange's site 95mm last,2mm shorter sole. It seems like a completely new concept

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
it is just filling the need for a performance fit boot between their LV (not so low volume 97mm last) and their 92mm race shells, like every other boot out there at the performance end of the market, great if it fits you or is close to fitting you and a boot fitter can adjust

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like they made a boot to compete against the Atomic Redster Club Sport and the Head Raptor boots. Both of those are 95 mm last boots. I ski the Club Sport and love the boot. The previous Lange RS 140 (LV) I was in was too wide for my foot. I can also fit into a 92mm last plug boot, but they get really really stiff. I suppose the softer flexing plugs (120's) might be another way to go.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It looks like they made a boot to compete against the Atomic Redster Club Sport and the Head Raptor boots. Both of those are 95 mm last boots. I ski the Club Sport and love the boot. The previous Lange RS 140 (LV) I was in was too wide for my foot. I can also fit into a 92mm last plug boot, but they get really really stiff. I suppose the softer flexing plugs (120's) might be another way to go.
Tecnica used to have an Inferno 9.3 w/110 flex, a great option of a boot. We put a lot of narrow footed skiers in that boot. I'd love to see this mold come down in flexes.

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Tecnica used to have an Inferno 9.3 w/110 flex, a great option of a boot. We put a lot of narrow footed skiers in that boot. I'd love to see this mold come down in flexes.
Redster CS 110 for the win :cool: Sized from 21/21.5 - 29/29.5, true shells & liners on every MP.

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any insight on if the WC RS140 is derived from the RS130 shell or the ZA/ZB plug shell? From the pictures it appears to be derived from the plug shell based on the cuff adjusters. Curious as the plug shell has much less volume in the midfoot and heel than the RS130.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
Any insight on if the WC RS140 is derived from the RS130 shell or the ZA/ZB plug shell? From the pictures it appears to be derived from the plug shell based on the cuff adjusters. Curious as the plug shell has much less volume in the midfoot and heel than the RS130.
based on the plug shell 303mm in 26.5

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Redster CS 110 for the win :cool: Sized from 21/21.5 - 29/29.5, true shells & liners on every MP.
Good on you for making a true 21.5, and a narrow highvpeeformance 29.5. Dunno how manufacturers missed the fact that long feet are generally proportionally narrower, not wider. It's been a problem for a long while. That said, hats off to everyone for bringing solid high volume product to market. A decade ago, high volume boot offerings just flat out sucked.

:beercheer:

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, no 30.5 though for the RS 140 or the CS 130. I'm in an older Lange RS 130 and Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 because they do.
I just ordered a pair of 2022-23 Head Raptor WCR 140S boots (96mm last) in 30.5 as an upgrade to the Salomons I'm currently wearing.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Also appears to have the plug sole & real deal plug liner.

Judge Smails

Booting up
Skier
Confirming some facts about the RS 140 for those that see this thread.

First, it is NOT an RS130 et al. It is a World Cup. Period. The outside of the shell even says World Cup and not RS 140.

It is the plug boot based of a 303 BSL shell. They have carved at the interior or used a *slightly different last I guess? It fits less snug than the true plug. I haven't tried on a ZA+ boot in a year or two but I'm not sure what's different about the ZA+ or even a regular ZA that boot that couldn't be worked out by a skilled bootfitter in 20 minutes.

Anyway, it's not a bad boot. I actually like it quite a lot. However, it is hard to find and if you have a decent boot fitter in your area having some work done on a World Cup - the ZA+ in particular- should yield the same result.

Of course, if someone Lange says otherwise I am happy to stand corrected....

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
I own the Lange WC 140RS. My understanding is that this is a step between the 130rs and the plug. Instead of a 97 last, it's a 95. Not the same thickness of plastic as the plug

Judge Smails

Booting up
Skier
Right, but it's a Lange World Cup which is the plug boot. It just comes little more carved out inside out of the box. The ZA+ is a similar concept.

For those wondering if it is an extension the RS line, the World Cup plug, or a totally new concept, the answer is that it is an extension of the World Cup line. In fact, it is literally labelled as a World Cup right on the boot so it isn't like Lange is trying to trick anyone. What you say about the last being 95 out of the box is correct.

Again, not hating on the boot. This is just something I personally wanted to know before I had one in-hand so passing it along.

The RS140 is also hard to find, so if you can't find a pair buy a World Cup and go to a good bootfitter and have them are it out.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At one time, maybe four or five years ago, I skied with a young man for a few runs who was on the U.S. D (Development) team,
who was on a pair of Lange RS 140 LV at first. We rode up on the lift together a few times, and he was A/B testing them
against a Head RD boot (one of the plugs? (and a few other boots also), that he said was a bit stiff for GS for him,
whereas the Lange 140 was his likely GS boot, at least for many situations (softer flex than his SL Head boots).
He said that for him, the main difference was the race lace up leather lining, which appeared to be thinner but
sturdier and better fitting - often, for many, including for this racer (as he described it). He also said that he had a pair
of RS 130s LVs down at the base with his other stuff (other skis, bags, other boots), which he was also testing, and that, for him,
that 130 was maybe just as good, maybe better, for GS, as the 140 LV, except he used the leather liner from the RS 140 (LV)
boot in both, instead of the stock 130 LV liner.

I've had the impression he said that the 140 back then might have been the same or almost the same outer shell as the 130 - at that time;
but I don't really know. It was not something I explored further, and I figure things can change year to year anyway.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've had the impression he said that the 140 back then might have been the same or almost the same outer shell as the 130 - at that time;
but I don't really know.
Yes, at that time. The 140 was the same as the 130 other than the 140 had the lace up liner.

Sponsor

Staff online