• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Lusti CWR+ 95

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think that's what @bbinder was comparing them against above^^. Bob's been on both. I've been on the Pure 99s a few times; they are definitely more chargy than the the CWRs and aren't my cup o' Joe. They want to be driven like a GS ski where the CWRs are much more flickable while still having good manners on groomers while carving.
Funny I find the Pure 99s to be very easy to cruise at slow speeds and just meander around but when you want to open them they will go just as you said.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You are in the same place that I am in. Honestly, I can’t offer an across the board comparison. The day that I demoed the LustI visibility was not great. And when visibility is not great my skiing gets a little tentative. When there were moments of good visibility, I could tell that they were very damp compared to the Motives and handled cut up snow better than the Motives. If I had more energy and better light, I would have been able to give you a better idea of how the two skis compare in bumps and actual powder. Based on @Andy Mink s description I suspect that I would like the Lustis in these conditions. Overall the Lustis felt easier to ski than the Motives; when I got back on the Motives the same day, they felt ’heavier’ while skiing.

I do wish that I had the opportunity to try the Pure 99s, but i have not had the chance to do so.
So how would you compare these overall to the Motives? I'm still skiing mine, but always thinking about what's next.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
How are they in heavy chop and in spring slush?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How are they in heavy chop and in spring slush?
The shape can get pulled around if you want to slide/shmear the ski but it you like to have the tail follow the tip, they perform admirably.

Sponsor