• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Lusti LP 72

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Size Tested: 164cm
Conditions: Spring corn

Tricia: Whew, what a ride! You know that moment when you see a new ski, flex it, feel it and expectations start to percolate of how it will perform on snow? That's what happened when I first pulled the Lusti LP 72 from the wrapper, and those expectations were high.

Fortunately we had some amazing spring corn harvesting to do which meant starting the day on firm refrozen groomers, the perfect testing grounds for a ski like this. To be honest, I thought that it would be a bit burly for my size, but a few turns in and I was pleased with the LP construction which, as promised, is nicely balanced for my size and ability, giving me the edge I needed to ski in control on the super firm groomers early in the day with confidence. But the real surprise was how they kept performing as the firm groomers transitioned to corn. To be honest, I was expecting them to buck me in the slush bumps, but they just kept coming back for more. The good news is this ski goes all the way down to a 143 for smaller women.

• Insider tip: If you like this ski and want a bit more stout try the men's PC 71 with 2 sheets of titanal.
  • One thing I'd change: I'd like to see this in a 170.

Who is it for?
A skier looking for a performance carving ski.
Who is it not for?
The faint of heart.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
Dimensions
119/72/103
Radius
13.4m@157cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System
  3. Plate
Last edited by a moderator:

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just found the video. Nice job. Just a guess, as a smaller male, gotta guess LP 72 and MP 77 good candidates. So, maybe purchase based on my preferred length?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just found the video. Nice job. Just a guess, as a smaller male, gotta guess LP 72 and MP 77 good candidates. So, maybe purchase based on my preferred length?
Or the PC 71

Sponsor