• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review 2023 Marker Bindings

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
it is a negative delta
Thanks.
I'm considering getting a ski with the Griffon 13 demo binding. My existing setups have positive deltas of 3mm (demo binding, 29 heel, 26 toe, measured) and 4mm (standard mount, 19 heel, 15 toe, measured).
To a first order, I would expect the effect would be like putting in a toe lift. Anything else I should consider?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
A side note for folks thinking of or currently using these- I just had a real life experience as pictured by tomahawkins at end of a *very* firm morning hot lap on my third outing on volkl deacon master 76 with xcomp 16 . Felt off as pulled into lift and looking down noticed the wing of the left toe 1/4 out on left and realized I just missed a prerelease that would have very likely resulted in a rag doll trip through the pucker brush at speed. I could not twist or thump the boot back in; I had to fully release from the heel to get the toe to re-engage. Clean, snow free non gw boots and clean snow free bindings, properly set up to spec- I stopped right then to confirm and walked straight to the hill shop and re-confirmed- all set to spec. Love the ski and plate, and that was also 100% my last run on that set-up.
How much you selling it at? Almost impossibile for me, of course, shipping costs would be too high, but...let's say I am curious...

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
it is a negative delta
Why do they do this? (negative delta on demo/rental bindings) I can't get a straight answer from the Marker folks. Why not make it the same as the retail counterparts?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why do they do this? (negative delta on demo/rental bindings) I can't get a straight answer from the Marker folks. Why not make it the same as the retail counterparts?
It is one of the great mysteries of the ski industry. I am just as frustrated as you are.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just realised that the Salomon Strive also uses a similar design to the XComp: 2 rollers on the wings and a forward AFD. I haven't seen or heard that the Strives have this issue, so something else must be going on.
I genuinely appreciate you posting all your findings on this issue. I've been looking at these same bindings and found your info very interesting.

Sponsor