• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 New England Gathering PSA & Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love it that people are checking out the possibilities this early.

@Marker, note that your link is to a page from the 2021-22 season. It may or may not carry over to this year. If it does, I suppose we could have an extra-credit warm-up day on Thursday. Also remember that it's not like day tickets at Saddleback cost $150. At least they never have. Last year I think it was in the $90 range for weekends and more like $80 for weekdays. Plus there are periodic "ticket pack" offers that emerge, such as the one I mentioned in post #1.

In general, we are going to have to be patient as we wait for the areas to publish their winter rates and event schedules. Saddleback, at least, has not done that yet. They are an independent area with a relatively small staff and a new GM. I would not count on the same level of communication thoroughness and consistency from them that I might from a big outfit like Boyne.
Right, I should have checked the dates!

When the ME NEG Gathering talk started, it was all about Saddleback to help give them a kick in the pants. I'd be for more days at Saddleback and stay closer to it. I might make the drive for one day at Sugarloaf before heading back to Killington. I've skied Sugarloaf once before 6 years ago, but didn't access any of the real goods as my skill level was not that high. Mostly blues and I think one black I skied badly. I have skied Sunday River a few times and would again if I had the Ikon pass, but wouldn't pay extra for it like I would for Saddleback or Sugarloaf. Since it is so early, I'm not committed to buy an advanced three or four pack.

As for lobster, we last made it sauteed in brown butter and put over lobster ravioli and toped with Parmigiano-Reggiano (the real stuff) . This is a more economical preparation in both dollars and calories, but frickin delicious.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So rubber on the road... How is lodging looking for a family of four in Sugarloaf?? Any suggestions for condo or other suite accommodations?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Seems like the time of year that a good deal might be had for the discerning lodger. Otherwise the trade secret is Eustis, maybe Kingfield.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So rubber on the road... How is lodging looking for a family of four in Sugarloaf?? Any suggestions for condo or other suite accommodations?
We stayed in an AirBNB or VRBO condo at the Snowbrook complex at Sugarloaf that was less expensive than the resort hotel or other newer condos. They are older, like 70s/80s, but many have been renovated by individual owners; they have wood fireplaces. Short walk w skis to Snubber lift to get to base lodge or you can ride shuttle bus, and you can ski home. We stayed in 2BR plus loft with our two college age kids. It was Jan 2021, so pool/hot tub were closed due to COVID and base area restaurants etc were pretty limited. We brought lots of groceries; I don't mind cooking. Shopping up there is pretty limited. And of course, beer, wine, cocktail supplies. Kids like to ski in for lunch and each had his/her own space. Everyone was happy. It was very, very cold, but that was expected. The side country and above tree line wasn't open, but we still had lots of advanced, zoomer terrain. It was very cold . . .or did I already say that? Oh, and there was that frozen fog/rime/snizzle . . .whatever it's called. Did I say it was cold?

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Now that it's September I'm going to put up a non-binding dates poll. Meanwhile this arrived in my mailbox today. Take heed non-Ikon people! Only two days left. https://www.sugarloaf.com/ticket-packs

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Dates poll is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online