• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 New England Gathering PSA & Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There was chatter last year about a Sugarloaf / Saddleback gathering. There is nothing in the books yet, partly because it's still full summer and many of the smarter bears are off at the beach or whatever, not reading the Internet.

For those of you who might be interested, though, I'll share this link on a PSA basis. It's to a couple of multi-, day access packs that Saddleback recently put on offer. One of them could be just the, um, ticket for some of you.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Another option is the Indy base pass for $299. Last year we got our Saddleback tickets on sale for $50 each and used them in February when we were backed out from Sugarloaf.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another option is the Indy base pass for $299. Last year we got our Saddleback tickets on sale for $50 each and used them in February when we were backed out from Sugarloaf.
Yes!

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan on doing several gatherings at Saddleback and Sugarloaf next season. Anyone is welcome to join me :wave: I'll also be skiing at Sunday River earlier in the season. I have 3 or 4 50% off buddy tickets available from Saddleback.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There was chatter last year about a Sugarloaf / Saddleback gathering. There is nothing in the books yet, partly because it's still full summer and many of the smarter bears are off at the beach or whatever, not reading the Internet.

For those of you who might be interested, though, I'll share this link on a PSA basis. It's to a couple of multi-, day access packs that Saddleback recently put on offer. One of them could be just the, um, ticket for some of you.

Chatter? I figured it was a done-deal. In fact, I haven’t seen @KevinF posting much so I assumed you bumped him off so he couldn’t undermine your hostile takeover.

Oh, and thanks for the link! Looking forward to finally skiing Saddleback and Sugarloaf.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Do we know approximate timing for this gathering?
There will be a separate thread for that, but short version is "mid - late March."

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Chatter? I figured it was a done-deal. In fact, I haven’t seen @KevinF posting much so I assumed you bumped him off so he couldn’t undermine your hostile takeover.

Oh, and thanks for the link! Looking forward to finally skiing Saddleback and Sugarloaf.
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. :)

Last year, I remember there was chatter about potentially going to Quebec (Le Massif?), but Saddleback / Sugarloaf was the original plan and has my vote.

@Tony S has far more familiarity with both destinations than I do; as far as I'm concerned, this is his gathering to run. Of course, I will be lurking to offer comments such as:
  • This would be a green run at Stowe!
  • This amount of ice would never be seen at Stowe!
  • The runs at Stowe are much longer!
  • These trails are much more crowded then at Stowe!
  • etc.

:ogbiggrin:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I was trying to get the Loaf in there for context.

That makes sense to do that. I had Saddleback called out in the view until I zoomed out and it disappeared. Oh well. I think we got it covered!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I kind of suspect that Brian's question was tongue in cheek, but I'm sure that SOME people actually DON'T know where Saddleback is. Therefore I've made another pass at a maps screenshot on a bigger screen than my phone can boast, hoping to give more of the "you can get there from here ... sort of" context. It's appended. Of course what you should really do is take thirty seconds to Google the topic, but here's a teaser.

SaddlebackAndSugarloaf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online