• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 New England Gathering PSA & Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I'm going to do some homework on events at the Loaf and at Saddleback that might influence our timing. E.g. we probably don't want to go during "national fish toss championships weekend" or whatever.
You have something against flying (with assistance) fish?

James

Out There
Instructor
If we were afraid of complaints we'd hold the NEG in Utah. Adversity is the very substance of the thing.
Some say…Utah is a polluted, over populated, desert. At least Salt Lake, which is going towards no lake. Be glad there’s still lobsters off Maine.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some say…Utah is a polluted, over populated, desert. At least Salt Lake, which is going towards no lake. Be glad there’s still lobsters off Maine.

One has to wonder how the snow LCC and BCC gets will be impacted if the lake stays like it is or disappears completely. Not to minimize all the other environmental and air quality impacts it will have. Signs all around us of climate change yet we collectively keep walking by saying "nothing to see here".

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The only thing that goes with lobster is drawn butter.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The only thing that goes with lobster is drawn butter.

Not the "only" thing. I would say there are many other lobster preparation that will allow the lobster to shine through.
Have to say lobster and drawn butter is one of the best way to enjoy lobster. The biggest draw back of L&DB is we need lots of lobster to be happy. About 3 pounds each.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Pffft...the state is practically dry?? Nobody is polluted there...

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably the safest way would be to block off the entire month of March for the NE gathering in pen. When the official NE gathering dates are announced. Mark off those dates with a red sharpies.

When March comes around, attend the NE gathering on dates marked in red sharpies and simply go skiing with other friends/family on the dates marked in pen.

KISS.
Genius. I see you've got your priorities in order.:ogbiggrin:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll say the NEG will definitely be on 4/1.

That way, when 4/1 comes around and the NEG is already over, I can say "April fools!" and make people hate me.
I've heard whispers that they already do:geek:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Genius. I see you've got your priorities in order.:ogbiggrin:

I wouldn't exactly call myself genius.
I am a simple guy. I only do simple solutions. Even with complex problems. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor