• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023 New England Gathering Report and Pics

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think most of the Ski Diva's have "fancy pants"! We have whole threads devoted to pants and jackets.
There's a whole thread on here about having anything other than black pants. Sadly, not enough people have read it/ live by it. :nono:

James

Out There
Instructor
Alan is exhibit 1, and puptwin exhibit 1a. In thr black/grey issue. I can’t tell them apart in photos except by skiing style.

James first told me to shorten my poles many years ago. I've been chopping off a couple cm at a time periodically ever since, and he STILL tells me they're too long.
This is why you have to pole three feet out to the side.
591679F0-5700-48FC-94AF-DF6B3B68C2E2.jpeg
^ Using tree sapling as pole. Just went and took it out of the forest there.

However, because of having to pole on the traverse, long poles are helpful. My poles felt short. :geek: However, they do have small baskets.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Alan is exhibit 1, and puptwin exhibit 1a. In thr black/grey issue. I can’t tell them apart in photos except by skiing style.

This is why you have to pole three feet out to the side.
View attachment 198793
^ Using tree sapling as pole. Just went and took it out of the forest there.

However, because of having to pole on the traverse, long poles are helpful. My poles felt short. :geek: However, they do have small baskets.

You can take the skier out of the bla bla bla, but you can't take the Nordic out of the skier.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a whole thread on here about having anything other than black pants. Sadly, not enough people have read it/ live by it. :nono:

I’m a bargain shopper and black is usually what’s left over…..function over fashion. Pants are rust colored from Flylow, also a sale item. I’ve lost some weight so now they’re really baggy.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m a bargain shopper and black is usually what’s left over…..function over fashion. Pants are rust colored from Flylow, also a sale item. I’ve lost some weight so now they’re really baggy.
be thankful you don't need to shop for a short inseam which are mostly limited to Black with the less than a handful color releasees selling out by X-mass at full msrp/map!

Sponsor