• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Outdoor Retailer--Reports from the floor.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn, now I wish I had kept some of my old Descente stuff....

Me too! Late 80's Descente was my favorite clothing. I had a few.

Descente.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of the things we heard a lot at OR about clothing progress was the use of recycled bottles to create the waterproof fabrics. This band specifically is OOSC.
Their story is here.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I like the RAB Mythic Ultra ($475) Pertex Quantum fabric, body mapped Box-Baffle core, 900 Down Hoody (18.9oz size M), page 30 and 60.

Polartec soft-shell fabric, hand made in New Hampshire faceGlove looks to be the perfect solution to the traditional clammy wet (non-pandemic era) face mask, page 37. face glove.com
The faceGlove reminds me of the Facesaver, also a tiny-shop invention. Saw a lot of Facesavers on the below-zero F. days in northern Maine this week. Non-fogging!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^ A good article that shows some of the complexities the ski and ourdoor industries face. Thanks for posting! :beercheer:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Hopefully, not a repost about the political and business-driven conflicts impacting the Outdoor Retailer show:

https://coloradosun.com/2022/01/31/...-67570942&mc_cid=8f25aea5ff&mc_eid=7616fdbb72

Sounds like it's done. The ski industry has voted with its feet/$ and gone to SLC with only the losers left holding a stand at OR. Makes OR buying up SIA show a bit daft and seems to place SIA/Sargeant in an awkward position.

But then the corporate business of "shows" has never made colossal sense to me if the expense involved made it anything other than a no brainer for brands.

Sponsor