• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 PNW Gathering Roll Call Feb 20-22

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
February 20 at 49 Degrees
February 21 at Silver Mt
February 22 at Lookout Pass

For this roll call thread, copy the previous post and paste, and add your info, including the days you anticipate attending. Let's try to keep planning talk and questions to the Gathering discussion thread. Thanks!

1. @David Chaus 2/20, 2/21, 2/23

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
If we can get names, I can get discount tickets for 49 on the 20th.
They would like to offer more like reserved tables, but we are there on a Holiday so there are a bit stuck.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Just had my stress test and it doesn't look good. Unless the cardiologist gives me a thumbs up this is looking like a lost season.
It appears I am a 'no show' for this shindig. I am FU*$#!G Bummed, to say the least.
Everybody have fun.
Still happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm....I could have a solo ski day at 49 on President's Day. If anyone thinks they're going to show up, please let me know otherwise I won't expect to meet anyone there.

@Bad Bob I hope your cardiologist gives you some good news and your health improves, whether you ski this season or not.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Bad Bob, dang it, I used to do stress test for a living so I hope they can just stick a stent in you and you live happily ever after. If I make it to 49* this year I'll take a run through the trees in your honor while trying to stay out of the puckerbrush

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Bad Bob, dang it, I used to do stress test for a living so I hope they can just stick a stent in you and you live happily ever after. If I make it to 49* this year I'll take a run through the trees in your honor while trying to stay out of the puckerbrush
If there is fresh snow head for Cy's Woods. The rest is pretty easy to spot.

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just had my stress test and it doesn't look good. Unless the cardiologist gives me a thumbs up this is looking like a lost season.
It appears I am a 'no show' for this shindig. I am FU*$#!G Bummed, to say the least.
Everybody have fun.
Still happy to answer any questions anyone might have.
So sorry. I hope your physical heart gets in sync with your emotional heart and you are back on skis soon.

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
If there is anyone who would like to attend this gathering but needs a place to stay, I have two basement bedrooms with queen beds and a full bed in the game room available free of charge.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Very generous of you Kent. Apparently my ski pals are looking at the HO(ID) for skiing this time.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If there is anyone who would like to attend this gathering but needs a place to stay, I have two basement bedrooms with queen beds and a full bed in the game room available free of charge.
Hey Kent, if you are planning to attend could you add your name to the roll call? If not, nevermind. Thx

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Darn it, I would at least sneak over for Lookout, but we have tickets to see Tommy Emmanuel that evening.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As no one else has signed up to ski at 49 on Feb 20th, let’s cancel that date as a Gathering day.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Will be there for Silver and Lookout. Are you going to have a meeting place and time ?
I was thinking about that, for Silver we could meet either at the bottom near the gondola, or out in front of the day lodge at the top of the gondola. Let's go day lodge at the top of the Gondi, as some people will boot up at the top and everyone will take a different amount of time to gear up. Meet there between 9am-9:15am. Gondi starts at 8:15 IIRC. If anyone is running late we can take a warm up lap on Chair 3 and meet back up at the top by the lodge.

Lookout has a nice small day lodge, so people may gather inside, still let's officially meet up out in front between the ski racks and chair 1 (the quad), 8:45 to 9. Unless people are happy with 9 to 9:15. At Lookout we can always take a warmup run down the front side and meet any stragglers.

Last edited: