• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 PNW Gathering Roll Call Feb 20-22

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m at Red Mt right now, looking ahead for next week it looks like Tuesday 2/21 at Silver will be a full on powder day :golfclap::daffy:

However then it gets really cold, the forecast for Wednesday 2/22 at Lookout Pass is a high of -3F with wind gusts :geek:. I’ll watch the forecast the next few days, but may decided I need a “rest” day instead, after 6 days of skiing, before I head to UT for 8 days of skiing.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I’m at Red Mt right now, looking ahead for next week it looks like Tuesday 2/21 at Silver will be a full on powder day :golfclap::daffy:

However then it gets really cold, the forecast for Wednesday 2/22 at Lookout Pass is a high of -3F with wind gusts :geek:. I’ll watch the forecast the next few days, but may decided I need a “rest” day instead, after 6 days of skiing, before I head to UT for 8 days of skiing.
David, if you are only getting 1 day in the Silver Valley you might want to consider doing Lookout Pass instead. Fresh snow will normally be a bit deeper and lighter.
There is NOTHING wrong with Silver Mountain though.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Silver will ski good with all the snow they're predicting. Lookout has not been operating chair three during the week, this chair accesses some of the best terrain on the mountain.

gski

Booting up
Skier
My schedule is out of phase with skitalk folks this year. Will be leaving PNW tomorrow for Taos. I would be totally game to find time to meet at Crystal Mtn or some other PNW spot later this season. Enjoy!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My schedule is out of phase with skitalk folks this year. Will be leaving PNW tomorrow for Taos. I would be totally game to find time to meet at Crystal Mtn or some other PNW spot later this season. Enjoy!
That may be very possible, maybe end of March or mid- April

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll likely be boosting your numbers in a couple years. In SLC this winter and likely next, since very remote work with skiing friendly for a reasonable price. Maybe two more years of full-time work. Hit Schweitzer, 49 and Silver last winter and love the area of the country. If I make it up this year or next, I’ll ping some peeps on this thread.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I’ll likely be boosting your numbers in a couple years. In SLC this winter and likely next, since very remote work with skiing friendly for a reasonable price. Maybe two more years of full-time work. Hit Schweitzer, 49 and Silver last winter and love the area of the country. If I make it up this year or next, I’ll ping some peeps on this thread.
Next time, go a little north to Red and Whitewater. Next year I will be 75y.o. and Red and Whitewater will be free for me. By then I should have my new winter capable Winnebago EKKO motorhome (saving $$ to pay for it, so no out of town ski trips for me this winter), so look for me in the parking lot if you make it north of the border. Castle is also free for me and Fernie is $99Cdn for the season, so I will be following the pow.