• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Range Rover Sport Deer Valley Edition Is A $166k SUV For Skiers

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Only 20 will be built, based on a Range Rover Sport Autobiography.​

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 8.49.41 PM.png

From Motor1.com

If you love Range Rovers and skiing, prepare yourself for something special. This is the (deep breath) 2023 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Deer Valley Edition. For those wondering about the name, Deer Valley is the location of a major ski resort in Park City, Utah, where this very exclusive Range Rover will have its public debut.

How exclusive you ask? Only 20 will be built, each wearing the same shade of Deep Gloss Vermillion Red with black trim. Each rides on 23-inch SV gray satin wheels with carbon accents, and a second set of wheels and tires for winter use will be included. A special ski roof box is mounted on top, and moving inside, the Deer Valley Edition features a gray/black leather interior with forged carbon panels and special Deer Valley Edition door sills. And each one comes with a price tag of $165,000.

Full article here:

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My EC buddy is on his annual 40 day “ fly by the seat of his pants “ western ski trip. He’s at 100 different ski areas and counting. This week in MT was supposed to bring him to 106.
He’s in the same / similar non DV edition. It’s the same platform gotta be north of 110k, almost the same color.
Call two nights ago from him somewhere north of here in central MT and it’s gone into limp mode

Him - there aren’t a lot of Range Rover dealers here in MT are there ?

Me - None, local friends also have them, closest service is in Idaho, 8 hrs away.

At that price it better come with road side valet or just keep it in Deer Valley darling !!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hard to believe I wouldn't love just about anything with a BMW twin-turbo V8, but what about getting snow tires for those 23-inch wheels? A smaller wheel/tire combo perhaps, provided there is brake rotor clearance.

I'm also in MT, but only four hours or so from Land Rover Spokane, which is still a deal killer for me. Seven easy miles from the local Ford dealer, and the twin-turbo V6 is my Transit is enough of a brute for me!

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
People like to share tales of the notorious Rover unreliability. But we’re on our third and haven’t had a single issue (two Sports and now a Defender). Granted, we lease so we’re only holding them for three years at a time, maybe not long enough for issues to arise.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My EC buddy is on his annual 40 day “ fly by the seat of his pants “ western ski trip. He’s at 100 different ski areas and counting. This week in MT was supposed to bring him to 106.
He’s in the same / similar non DV edition. It’s the same platform gotta be north of 110k, almost the same color.
Call two nights ago from him somewhere north of here in central MT and it’s gone into limp mode

Me - None, local friends also have them, closest service is in Idaho, 8 hrs away.

At that price it better come with road side valet or just keep it in Deer Valley darling !!
I had a friend who used to say, Land Rovers will go through 3 feet of water but the radio won't work if its raining.

Cue the other Lucas Electric jokes.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Hard to believe I wouldn't love just about anything with a BMW twin-turbo V8, but what about getting snow tires for those 23-inch wheels? A smaller wheel/tire combo perhaps, provided there is brake rotor clearance.

I'm also in MT, but only four hours or so from Land Rover Spokane, which is still a deal killer for me. Seven easy miles from the local Ford dealer, and the twin-turbo V6 is my Transit is enough of a brute for me!
It comes with a second set of winter wheels and tires.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
I had a friend who used to say, Land Rovers will go through 3 feet of water but the radio won't work if its raining.

Cue the other Lucas Electric jokes.
Saw this bumper sticker: "Land Rover - turning owners into mechanics for over 75 years".

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don’t hate Land Rovers - I almost bought a new Defender 90 in the 90’s but there is one bit of wisdom here which holds true to any “exotic” brand - where is the nearest dealer? If you have a non-software related issue with a Tesla in the middle of nowhere start making friends as your going to be there awhile. If you are in a rural environment your life will be much easier with a Ford ,Toyota or Subaru. When in Rome….

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The one thing you really need as an option, a live in mechanic, is not offered. That is a fail.

Not my cup of tea, but I've got two friends that love their Range Rovers, and they never seem to have any problems.

At least Land Rover knows how to make a good looking, elegant vehicle. Toyota please take note.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Only a sample size of one, but my wife bought a LR back in 07. Drove it for 10 years and then handed it off to my son who is still driving it. Other than a fuel pump a few years into ownership it's been nothing but brakes, batteries and tune-ups. Every piece of plastic trim is cracked and the paint is faded to shit, but it just keeps going.

Being a LR, it was the only vehicle we ever purchased where we said yes to the extended warranty figuring it would need it. Never got to collect anything.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Here's the easy fix for your friend's Range Rover: https://www.lexus.com/models/LX

Sponsor

Staff online