• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Range Rover Sport Deer Valley Edition Is A $166k SUV For Skiers

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Meh…..There is a reason the dudes whose lives depend on reliable transportation in hostile territory/environments are driving Hilux’s or Landcruisers.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Does that come with a rattle can of matte black paint, so that the grille can be at least somewhat diminished?! :geek:

Also, less than

^ totally agree with the grill. its a bit "transformer'esque"

But it it less $ and better.

I do have a story about a friend (guy who dealt my 911 to me) - he bought a Prado (460). Second hand, from a Toyota dealer in TX drove it back here to NC. Somehow in a seal replacement or something they scared the crankshaft before he bought it. So, when diagnosing the issue (believe oil leak at seal) - it was determined the only way to fix was a new crankshaft. Ok, no problem, lets get one. Well, there was not one in the entire US. Toyota flew one from Japan, installed it and didn't charge him a penny, when apparently they could have (out of warranty and difficult to prove that it was damaged by service) <- that's good pretty good.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^ totally agree with the grill. its a bit "transformer'esque"

We're all in luck!

For a mere $14k upcharge, you can purchase the Sport Handling version, complete with blacked out grill!

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
People like to share tales of the notorious Rover unreliability. But we’re on our third and haven’t had a single issue (two Sports and now a Defender). Granted, we lease so we’re only holding them for three years at a time, maybe not long enough for issues to arise.
We tend to ignore all of those stories and continue with the brand. We are on our 5th Rover… 2 RR sports, a LR4, a RR Velar and a full sized RangeRover. the longest we’ve had one is 10 years, and the shortest was a 3 yr lease. All have been flawless. We still own 2. I’d like to add a Defender someday…

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're all in luck!

For a mere $14k upcharge, you can purchase the Sport Handling version, complete with blacked out grill!
It looks much better with the blacked out grill! Did somebody say green? ;)

c79485a.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks much better with the blacked out grill! Did somebody say green? ;)

Digging a little more deeply into this vehicle, it uses a 10-speed auto trans, which is a bit off-putting to me.

We've got one in our full-sized Transit, and it is wonderful for towing, since the rpm steps between gears are small. Very nice in that application.

But in something smaller (ha!) like the LX, I know I'd tend to revert to shifting manually, and 10 gears is a LOT of rowing!

Question: Is Toyota going to offer something like this, or is that the new Sequoia, which seems to get very lukewarm reviews so far.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I have seen that green in person, it’s stunningly pretty. Sadly only 2 real color choices for my LC, white or black

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Imagine if a snowboarder purchased a Deer Valley edition.