2023 Renoun Atlas 80

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Location tested: Mt Rose/Palisades Tahoe
Conditions tested: Firm groomers/chalky wind buff/spring crud

Tricia: It's been awhile since I've skied the Renoun Z90, which is the ski that the Atlas 80 eclipsed. My first impression on this beauty was that it was not as damp as I expected it to be; however, its quickness edge-to-edge and its zip and energy out of the turn immediately won me over as I made my way through some warmup laps. Once warmup was done, so we made our way to a steep pitch with some moguls, where I was reminded just how much I enjoyed having a ski that allowed me to slow my pace and make my way through the varied conditions. Yet, when I was ready to pump up the volume, the performance amped up with my aspirations.

Insider tip: If you liked the Z90, you'll love the Atlas 80.​

Philpug: What is now the Atlas 80 is a whole new shape, more like the Z-90 but with a bit more taper in the tail. Its shape still rewards the better skier but is more accommodating to the skier who wants (and needs) to release the tail from time to time. This newest Renoun has the playfulness of a 14m ski, but you can definitely feel the VibeStop keeping it smooth on the snow.

Insider tip: Note the new pricing on Renoun's collection and specifically the Atlas 80. You can buy with confidence with Renoun's Satisfaction Guarantee.​

Awards
Who is it for?
If you have knee or joint issues, VibeStop works.
Who is it not for?
Euro snobs. Renoun still follows the "Rules are made to be broken" philosophy.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men