• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Rossignol FIS SL

smctigue

Getting on the lift
Skier
Super firm conditions at Belleayre yesterday. A guy on the lift told me "I think you're the only one having fun here today." :)

It really is remarkable what a sharp pair of SL skis can do in otherwise brutal conditions.

R0001424.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Super firm conditions at Belleayre yesterday. A guy on the lift told me "I think you're the only one having fun here today." :)

It really is remarkable what a sharp pair of SL skis can do in otherwise brutal conditions.

View attachment 197475

Yep,yep,yep…short,stiff,skinny, sharp ski is the ticket.

In other words: the 5S technology. :ogbiggrin:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The 5S tech works perfectly fine for grass too:

F6F89D89-DABF-4968-B1D8-4384D26D0FF7.jpeg

:roflmao: :ogbiggrin:

These ski are so damn good I just can’t stop skiing them even at the end of this joke of a season.
The wait till next season will be painful.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to @textrovert for posting this in the Tahoe thread. Come out here and bring your FIS for some Spring Skiing! I will be on my Rossi Hero Elite FIS SL 157s.

Season extensions:
  • Northstar April 30th
  • Heavenly May 7th
  • Kirkwood May 14th

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to @textrovert for posting this in the Tahoe thread. Come out here and bring your FIS for some Spring Skiing! I will be on my Rossi Hero Elite FIS SL 157s.

Season extensions:
  • Northstar April 30th
  • Heavenly May 7th
  • Kirkwood May 14th

And Mammoth just announced daily operations until AT LEAST the end of July!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My new Hero Athlete FIS SL have a cross-hatch pattern along the entire base edge on both skis. Does this cause anything or should I send them out for a grind and base / edge reset next season ?

66622E29-142C-4699-B755-81BE5AE86211.jpeg
8445B99B-2B56-437F-AE58-EF3FCC91870B.jpeg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have any base bevel measuring tools / gauges, but that is on my list to buy. And the structure looks so "pro" too !

I was putting storage wax on several skis yesterday and just handling the Rossi FIS is like wielding a super high-quality kitchen knife. You just know it means business !

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was putting storage wax on several skis yesterday and just handling the Rossi FIS is like wielding a super high-quality kitchen knife. You just know it means business !

IKR :ogbiggrin: Mine spent the summer of last year in our living room serving as decoration. My wife was very happy...:roflmao::roflmao:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's definitely wrong! Not much better for now. 2 days ago I went for ski tour... 2500m high and temperature was around +10c with sun being really strong. There's suppose to come cold front coming over next week, but considering amount of snow we have in mountains, it's not much of a skiing left for this "winter". And with cold front, I don't mean meter of new snow and -15c, but temperatures around +5c to +10c instead of +20c

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did you check the tune already? Mine came at a perfect 0.5/3 from the factory.
Mine came from the factory in excellent condition. Surprised both me and the shop that I use (although it surprised them less - they've apparently been seeing great consistency from the Rossi FIS skis). Flat base, properly set (and consistent edges) and a decent grind pattern. If I was racing, I would have re-ground them, but for recreational skiing, it was a coat of wax, a quick sharpen, and good to go.

Sponsor

Staff online