• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Rossignol Sender 94 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Phil
Size tested: 178
Location tested: Snowbird UT
Conditions tested in: Chalky off piste

I was late to the party when this ski was named Blacks Ops Escaper 94 and I am not going to make that mistake again. Rossignol has renamed the ski and brought it out from under the Black Ops umbrella. Some metal was added and it was renamed the 94Ti, which is now part of the Sender Collection.

I was a big fan of the Escaper, but I felt it was overshadowed, which was a shame. Even without the metal, the Escaper was no wall flower; it was a substantial ski. Now with metal, it might have a slightly higher cost of admission in performance, but the top end now has few limits and can go up against any ski in the class.

What I like a lot about the Sender 94Ti is that is it not a “me too” ski. Most of the skis in this range have similar tip and tail rises, but the Sender 94Ti has a tail that is flatter and broader and really likes to finish a turn, bit still has enough rise to not get hung up off piste.
  • Insider tip: Of course you want to put a Pivot 15 on this ski.
  • One thing I would change: Rossignol has a huge hole between the Experience 86Ti and the Sender 94Ti. A Sender 90Ti would fit that hole nicely.
Andy Mink
Size tested: 186
Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA
Conditions tested in: Chalky off piste, cut up mid-day groomers

This was a bad boy cutting through cut and piled groomers which were warming quickly and getting a bit heavier. No hesitation, no fear. Plenty of power for heavier, stronger skiers. The Sender just rails. Done railing? The 94Ti can accommodate you: with a release of edge you can slip and slide a bit. On the hard grippy off piste chalk I felt some tip/tail/tip/tail grab, but I believe that a quick run with a gummy stone could remedy that. After all, these are demo skis and they do get skied...a lot.

Long Term Update:(4/10/22) With spring skiing in full force I grabbed the Sender 94Ti from the SkiTalk test wall and spent a very fun day on it at Mt. Rose. It was one of the few recent days there wasn't a hard freeze the night before so things were unlocking a bit earlier in the bright April sun. Having been on the 186 length ski earlier in much firmer conditions I knew its capabilities there. This day I was on the 178 length. On to chopped soft and beyond snow.​
Mt. Rose has a great run for testing carving capabilities of skis. On this morning I missed the cream cheese but got the almost too soft on firm transition. Piles and tracks from other skiers littered the area. The Senders ran through this snow with no problems no matter the edge angle. I was expecting some porpoising of the tips as they encountered the heavier piles but they just sliced through. The tails provided a strong follow through but the entire ski could be slipped and skidded at will.​
Next up was a run of soft bumps interspersed with rocks and dirt. Quick direction change was name of the game and the Rossis did not disappoint. With the long tip rise and fairly light weight they pivoted, slipped, and, yes, stopped quickly. Into the trees.​
The early afternoon softened the snow in the trees just right except for shadows where it was still a bit firm. The tip on the Senders works through the soft snow while the ample spine held firm in the shaded snow.​
Overall, the Sender 94Ti is another ski from Rossignol that possesses a wider skill set than would appear on paper. It's a very comfortable ski which, while a more skilled skier could wring more from it, an advanced intermediate will find it a fine ride across a variety of conditions. Size up or down according to conditions or skier style. I liked the 186 for wide open skiing but the 178 was very comfortable in the bumps and trees.​

The Sender has a bright feel to it, not totally damp, but enough feedback to let you know what's going on underfoot. The tip rise lets it ride nicely without getting hung up in variable snow and the little bit of tail flip keeps things from getting hung up behind you.
  • Insider tip: Longer for stability and charging, shorter for quicker turns or tighter spots.
  • One thing I would change: Maybe a hair more damp? But why?

Lauren
Size tested: 172
Location tested: Waterville Valley, NH
Conditions tested in: Soft, wet, thick conditions. Fresh heavy snow (the kind you don’t want to shovel), soft moguls, and chopped up groomers.

Being the narrowest of the Sender skis, I jumped on it with an open mind, but little expectation of liking the ski. I normally stray towards a wider platform for extra stability in heavy, wet snow conditions. It was late in the day, the snow was thoroughly tracked and chopped up, and my legs were toast. My expectations could not have been more wrong. This ski created a stable and solid platform, but at only 94mm underfoot, it had a friendly nature about it. It was easy to maneuver, pivoted on a dime, and remained stable carving through crud and chop. This is a ski that rewards good technique but doesn’t demand it 100% of the time.

The Sender packs a lot of personality into those 94 millimeters. It’s the flat rate shipping box of skis, filled to the brim with versatility. It’s a ski I could grab any day, in any condition and not second guess my decision. The paulownia wood core creates offers a poppy, nimble nature that is ideal for bumps and trees. Combine that with a Titanal “beam” and you get a sturdy and stable structure that is great for smoothing out chop and railing carves on smoother terrain.
  • Who is it not for: Someone that wants an uber damp ride, this ski has personality.
  • Insider tip: For extra stability or more float, look towards a wider Sender. For a softer friendlier ski, look towards the Rallybird 92.

Awards
Who is it for?
You want to turn and burn, but would like to take it a bit easy on occasion. Better technical skiers will benefit from the Senders 94Ti’s shape. Someone looking for a daily driver that packs a lot of versatility into a single package.
Who is it not for?
The Sender 94Ti may be a bit too burly for smaller or lighter skiers. Tail gunners, the Sender can and will send .. err ... launch you. Someone that wants an uber damp ride, this ski has personality.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
  3. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
156, 164, 172, 178, 186
Dimensions
128-94-118
Radius
19m@178cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited by a moderator:

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Is the construction on the 94, 104 and 106 ti’s all the same? They seem to get more expensive as you go up In width

thanks

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
Is the construction on the 94, 104 and 106 ti’s all the same? They seem to get more expensive as you go up In width

thanks
The Sender 94 Ti and 104 Ti share the same construction, with a Paulownia wood core and a titanal beam that essentially runs underfoot. The 104 adds Rossignol's Line Control Technology with lines of vertical metal to help stabilize the wider ski.

The Sender 106 Ti Plus gets a poplar wood core and a larger and longer titanal beam for even more stability and power.

I own the 94 Ti and have two days on the 104 Ti at Big Sky. They feel similar but with the differences you would expect from their respective widths. They are extremely versatile, hold in just about any type of snow and are very stable. They have a light feel to them and they are very maneuverable, but also seem to get better the faster the you go without being difficult at lower speeds. If I had to use one term to describe them, it would be "confidence-inspiring."

Last edited:

Geoff

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just watched the video. Great review! Good to hear that Rossignol is going away from the Konect demo binding. I have demoed a lot of Rossi skis and always felt that the height of the binding was getting in the way of getting a real feel for the skis, especially the wider models. Looking forward to demoing the new Sender 94Ti with the new lower profile binding. Thanks!

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
It’s funny you mentioned it grabb a little, I also found that to be true with mine, too much for a soft snow ski.
Took it down to lodge and had the guy knock them down a little with a gummy, never thought about it again.

Airwear

Skier
Can anyone recommend a mount point for me? I am an x-racer going to a free ride ski like this for the first time. More on piste skiing than off and I like shorter turns.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can anyone recommend a mount point for me? I am an x-racer going to a free ride ski like this for the first time. More on piste skiing than off and I like shorter turns.
Ours were mounted on the line and very happy with that.

Geoff

Skier
I demoed the new Sender 94Ti last week at Mount Washington (Vancouver Island). I didn't connect with last season's Escaper and Sender. For me, they were too stiff in the tail with the bindings too far forward. The new Sender 94Ti feels like a much more integrated package. There is lots of energy available for cranking carves on the groomers, with a stiffish tail that wants to finish the turn. I was worried that the tail would be a problem in crud and broken snow, but as long as I was careful to keep my weight forward, everything was fine. Sender is a well-balanced ski, probably the best offering from Rossignol (in my opinion) in a long time.

Ryan Perham

Putting on skis
Skier
Would I be crazy to get this ski if I do a lot of trees and bumps? I demoed this ski a year ago and loved it, but I’m second-guessing myself. I was hoping to demo it again this year, but Rossignol wasn’t at the demo day I went to. I tend to prefer quicker, more forgiving skis. I wasn’t expecting to like it that much, but it was my favorite of the day. Tons of fun on groomers without being too much work in the bumps and trees (at least that’s what I remember, but I’m second guessing myself based on some reviews). My memory is that the Sender 94ti was average in terms of how it handled bumps and trees. More work than a Ripstick 96 or QST 92 but a lot easier than an Enforcer 94 and Maverick 95. Maybe a bit more work than a Rustler 9, but in that same ballpark.

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
Would I be crazy to get this ski if I do a lot of trees and bumps? I demoed this ski a year ago and loved it, but I’m second-guessing myself. I was hoping to demo it again this year, but Rossignol wasn’t at the demo day I went to. I tend to prefer quicker, more forgiving skis. I wasn’t expecting to like it that much, but it was my favorite of the day. Tons of fun on groomers without being too much work in the bumps and trees (at least that’s what I remember, but I’m second guessing myself based on some reviews). My memory is that the Sender 94ti was average in terms of how it handled bumps and trees. More work than a Ripstick 96 or QST 92 but a lot easier than an Enforcer 94 and Maverick 95. Maybe a bit more work than a Rustler 9, but in that same ballpark.
I love my Rossignol Sender 94 Ti in bumps and trees. In fact, I didn't like bumps and trees before getting these skis. They are stable, quick, maneuverable, and hold well in almost any conditions and they have given me more confidence than any other ski I have tried (and that is quite a few!). Just stay forward and you'll have a blast!

Sponsor