• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Salomon S/Force Ti.80

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug
Size tested: 174cm
Location tested: Snowbasin, Ut
Conditions tested in: Firm groomers

This is a ski, if I was back East and I was not in the industry and was on a limited budget and and and … I would not hesitate owning. The S/Force 80 is one of those value skis that skis as well or better than 95% of the high performance skis from a generation ago. The S/Force with its Edge Amplifier construction and the power it creates underfoot hits so far above its price class that it‘s almost embarrassing.

I will challenge almost any skier that can turn competently left and right to not so much find the limit of this ski, but to consistently ski above it. While I will miss the S/Force Bold, this ski‘s stout 85mm brother, the 80 will be more than enough for 90% of the skiers that would have bought the Bold.

The S/Force has great grip on the firm snow but because the Edge Amplifier design creates tremendous torsional rigidity in the mid body of the ski, Salomon was able to allow the ski to be a little softer longitudinally, creating a nice level of suppleness off piste and in mixed conditions.
  • Insider tip: Put a 1/3 tune on these and let em rip.
  • One thing I would change: Raise the price $100-150 and put a better binding on it … like the Strive.

Awards
Who is it for?
Value seekers who know how to ski.
Who is it not for?
Those with too much money in their pocket and whose ego is tied to top of the line skis.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad