• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
It already has. It's just the racing ski/boot public/programs has/have yet to catch up, and get with the program - or even want to.

I know I haven't, and maybe won't unless they force me to. (The Lange RS 130 is my boot, and has been for quite a while now: I have a fourth, newer pair waiting for when my current pair/liner wears out, if ever. And I'd just get a new Lange liner, except the boot design/mold changed slightly.)

It was easy for Rossi to downgrade and wither the independence of the Dynastar top level race program, since Dynastar was never tops, and Rossi was number one or two each year with skis. Doing the same to Lange is harder, since Lange was/is number one or number two (number two if one has a flat arch for the Heads, instead of a normal, healthy arch for the Langes. :) )

Sorry to dig up an old post, but just seen this and intrigued. Have a flat arch and did a Raptor shell fit for the first time last week. Would need way more work than an RS for the arch and navicular. What makes you say the Raptor is better for a lower arch, the boot board, the instep height, or something else?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry to dig up an old post, but just seen this and intrigued. Have a flat arch and did a Raptor shell fit for the first time last week. Would need way more work than an RS for the arch and navicular. What makes you say the Raptor is better for a lower arch, the boot board, the instep height, or something else?
I'm not sure if SkiOtter meant arch, but instead instep.
Arch is under the foot, instep is on top.

Head Raptors have a very low volume fit, especially over the instep. The Lange RS has a bit higher roof to accomodate a higher instep while still being good for a skinny low volume foot.

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Head Raptors have a very low volume fit, especially over the instep. The Lange RS has a bit higher roof to accomodate a higher instep while still being good for a skinny low volume foot.
Thanks! What Tricia said. I think of it in terms of arch because I once had fallen arches and the Head RDs worked well, but then I began mountain climbing more again here in Colorado, to the tune of 30 to 35 peaks a summer including long backpacks plus over-nighters camping sometimes, and that raised my arches/insteps back to normal and then to high. I notice it most in the really high arches now - much better to hike - and ski - with. The result: the Heads no longer fit, and the Lange RSs are the boots I live with. And I ski from my arches when I can.

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier

Head Raptors have a very low volume fit, especially over the instep. The Lange RS has a bit higher roof to accomodate a higher instep while still being good for a skinny low volume foo

Thanks! What Tricia said. I think of it in terms of arch because I once had fallen arches and the Head RDs worked well, but then I began mountain climbing more again here in Colorado, to the tune of 30 to 35 peaks a summer including long backpacks plus over-nighters camping sometimes, and that raised my arches/insteps back to normal and then to high. I notice it most in the really high arches now - much better to hike - and ski - with. The result: the Heads no longer fit, and the Lange RSs are the boots I live with. And I ski from my arches when I can.
Really helpful, thanks both of you.

Sponsor

Staff online