• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You could be this guy. I'm not saying it's my son but I'm not saying it's not. :ogbiggrin: 50 Shades of Yellow.
VideoCapture_20220123-135810.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pants get dirty far quicker than the jacket tho. I had to wash my lime green bibs 3 times already this season.
Three times!:eek:
Me too. Brushing up against the truck, dog hair, just being anywhere at any time.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pants get dirty far quicker than the jacket tho. I had to wash my lime green bibs 3 times already this season.
Three times!:eek:
spend less time on your knees! I have a "kneeling mat" in car when Im on my knees getting GF's boots on, and I try to never ever ever rub against the car, I also prefer a clean car.

this weekend I washed car before going to mountains, washed it when I arrived, then again when I got home :p

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
spend less time on your knees! I have a "kneeling mat" in car when Im on my knees getting GF's boots on, and I try to never ever ever rub against the car, I also prefer a clean car.

this weekend I washed car before going to mountains, washed it when I arrived, then again when I got home :p

Problem is even if the car is squeaky clean when leaving the city, upon arrival in the mountain even the model is barely recognizable.. :roflmao:

Mathieuvanstrydonck

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Does anybody know if the new ‘Dancer’ serie of Faction is identical to previous ‘dictator’ serie? Just a name change?

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
Here's the darling of the on-snow demos last week for me at Pico in Vermont:

New DPS Lotus 117. This ski took to the untouched 10 inches of dry fluffy snow like a trout released back into a mountain stream. Totally fun and intuitive, yet capable and friendly on the groomers back to the lifts. Just the right geometry. It's gonna be a nice addition to the Lotus heritage for DPS.

Not sure if it will eventually get the algae-oil sidewalls from CheckerSpot (WNDR Alpine) DPS will incorporate into their Pagoda setups or not....

DPSLotus117.jpg

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is the line on the Blade Optic family of skis?

Also--I'm kinda surprised that Lange is deserting the bright blue in their RS line. It seems that the big race brands really try to build their signature colors--I see a lot of Lange Blue at the race hill every night... One of my daughters skis in blue boots, one in red.
(Sorry, this is a huge thread already, and reading it just now has me reacting to stuff from early pages that may have been dealt with later somewhere.)

This past year or two I heard (from a Dynastar rep) that Rossi was scheming - and acting - to transfer Lange race boot panache/reputation/popularity to the Rossi race boot line (same company - Rossi, and mostly same boot - a Lange boot - with different name and graphics). They were also trying to get their race athletes to transfer to Rossi. And I was told that Rossi boots would be favored in terms of marketing and new developments at the expense of Lange and Lange RS.

Destroying the Lange Race boot blue look maybe goes a long way to accomplishing that, if that is what is going on.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here's the darling of the on-snow demos last week for me at Pico in Vermont:

New DPS Lotus 117. This ski took to the untouched 10 inches of dry fluffy snow like a trout released back into a mountain stream. Totally fun and intuitive, yet capable and friendly on the groomers back to the lifts. Just the right geometry. It's gonna be a nice addition to the Lotus heritage for DPS.

Not sure if it will eventually get the algae-oil sidewalls from CheckerSpot (WNDR Alpine) DPS will incorporate into their Pagoda setups or not....

View attachment 157154
I'm interested in how this new 117 compares to the old (124?) discontinued one that Blistergear liked so much in Alaska. Could this 117 ski be that good, except adapted to resort skiing chop/crud more?
Also, is this a Pagoda or an Alchemist construction, and which do you like more, if you have experience with both? (I was very impressed with the Pagoda C2 line at the national rep demo at Loveland earlier in the season.)

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 156146
I’ve been laying trenches with these for quite a few years now. Bought two pairs from a shop in Quebec after taking a spin on a set at SIA. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

It’s getting about time for another pair…
Man, that's the same looking whiteout I've been skiing for some years. Great skis.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Page 42
LOVE the start w/ the Bones and BP's. Blizzy certainly revolutionized my ski profile and changed my relationship w/ the sport for the better in a major way. I'm rock'n three sets of Bones....Wifey owns FIVE pairs of BP's! NUFF SAID! Lovin' the little Phil & Tricia plug at the end of the article in italics! Very nice! :beercheer: Next "Level up" for the industry is to keep up w/ the Mantra M6... It's freakishly intuitive..... some kinda Ski Voodoo going on over at Volkl w/ this new design motif!

Last edited:

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
(Sorry, this is a huge thread already, and reading it just now has me reacting to stuff from early pages that may have been dealt with later somewhere.)

This past year or two I heard (from a Dynastar rep) that Rossi was scheming - and acting - to transfer Lange race boot panache/reputation/popularity to the Rossi race boot line (same company - Rossi, and mostly same boot - a Lange boot - with different name and graphics). They were also trying to get their race athletes to transfer to Rossi. And I was told that Rossi boots would be favored in terms of marketing and new developments at the expense of Lange and Lange RS.

Destroying the Lange Race boot blue look maybe goes a long way to accomplishing that, if that is what is going on.
I don't feel like they would destroy the Blue on purpose, but devoting their marketing budget and guiding athletes towards the Rossi set-up makes sense, since they have the skis. I bet they continue the Lange boots as an alternative, but it becomes a Rossi first race program.

Sponsor