• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And yet, somehow, the yellow helmet is OK? :snowball:

(I actually really like the yellow helmet... but I also like the purple/green boots.)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I woke up the neighbours man, ahahahahahah....

In my defence-it is yellow, BUT uniformly yellow. :ogbiggrin: AND in perfect harmony with my bibs. In fact I picked the bibs for this one reason-so that they are the same colour as the helmet, I kid you not.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm over 60 and these are my Praxis 9D8s so I think its more of a taste thing. ogsmile

Have a look at the K2s on the far far right. They should remind you of the tails on the 712.

1642545128776.png

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Yeah me too. Very strange move given the iconic and super recognizable bright blue/white/orange.

What next? We see purple Raptors or Atomic Brownster?
Meh….think the blue has been trending darker over the past couple of seasons. As long as they fit the same, and have a solid sole. All good. Could be the lighting as well. Mine look that color sometimes and when they have been on the snow. Could always get the Rossi Hero and go all Stormtrooper.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yeah me too. Very strange move given the iconic and super recognizable bright blue/white/orange.

What next? We see purple Raptors or Atomic Brownster?

Know what would kick a$$? A Raptor in San Marco TR colours, with the two-tone red cuff and clog and yellow accents.

Pretty sure Rossi and Full Tilt have already done brown.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taste in graphics is obviously a personal preference. That said the K2 graphics are extraordinarily unattractive to me. Stöckli also ruined the AR and AX with those graphics.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I love the graphics on the 2022 Laser AX. Does this mean the leftovers will be less than $1000 LOL.

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Or really expensive for the folks who want the Laser version of the ski!

Do we know yet if there is a difference other than name and waist change?

Saw listings for a Ranger FR 90, 96, 102, 108 and 116 next year and looks like more metal underfoot than current versions. Hoping the narrower versions are heavier than the old 94FR.
IF the FR doesn’t lose the playfulness I might buy a 96/102. I was pleasantly surprised with the 102 FR out at Breck last week - enjoyed how playful a ski it was but still was fun skiing on piste down a packed down run. Not something I’d usually say about a wider ski when heading out west.

If those skis still retained the off-piste fun but even slightly better edge on ski it would be a wonderful “east coast powder” ski.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
IF the FR doesn’t lose the playfulness I might buy a 96/102. I was pleasantly surprised with the 102 FR out at Breck last week - enjoyed how playful a ski it was but still was fun skiing on piste down a packed down run. Not something I’d usually say about a wider ski when heading out west.

If those skis still retained the off-piste fun but even slightly better edge on ski it would be a wonderful “east coast powder” ski.
Owned a pair of the 102FR and are great carvers as they aren’t very tapered so still grip quite well. Pretty stable at speed too for it’s stated radius.
Found their carbon tips noisy on hard snow and their light weight made them not as damp as other skis. A bit more weight without changing the flex and shape would make it even better I think.

btw-how is your tune on your set of Deacon 72 Masters? My pair was very base high and needed a stone grind to fix and seems to be a common issue by the sounds of it.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Owned a pair of the 102FR and are great carvers as they aren’t very tapered so still grip quite well. Pretty stable at speed too for it’s stated radius.
Found their carbon tips noisy on hard snow and their light weight made them not as damp as other skis. A bit more weight without changing the flex and shape would make it even better I think.

btw-how is your tune on your set of Deacon 72 Masters? My pair was very base high and needed a stone grind to fix and seems to be a common issue by the sounds of it.
Sounds like an enforcer free

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier

Thats why your post caught my eye. I really liked the 102FR for what it was. If it had a slight bit more weight / stability without losing the rest of the ski - man could be A great ski.

So the deacons came just before the Breck trip and I haven’t done much with them. They looked flat in the brief time I spent with them but I didn’t really look to close with straight edge. I want to get them out Friday or saturday so I’ll be looking before then. Thanks for the heads up!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thats why your post caught my eye. I really liked the 102FR for what it was. If it had a slight bit more weight / stability without losing the rest of the ski - man could be A great ski.

So the deacons came just before the Breck trip and I haven’t done much with them. They looked flat in the brief time I spent with them but I didn’t really look to close with straight edge. I want to get them out Friday or saturday so I’ll be looking before then. Thanks for the heads up!
definetly check your edges and base on your 72s.

I love the 102FR more weight & stability it would be called M102, but then it looses the rest of what makes 102FR so nice.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sounds like an enforcer free
The Enforcer 104 which I really liked wasn’t as happy going fast as the 102FR is and is quite a bit looser with increased taper and larger tail splay. E104 awesome off piste but the Fisher 102FR better on piste.
The 21 CT 2.0 outperforms both everywhere except for float.

Last edited:

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Saw listings for a Ranger FR 90, 96, 102, 108 and 116 next year and looks like more metal underfoot than current versions. Hoping the narrower versions are heavier than the old 94FR.
those sizes remind me of the origin line.

Sponsor

Staff online